PDA

View Full Version : Where am I?

TimJuhl
01-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I just returned from almost six weeks on the road, soaking up the warmth in the south. 4500 miles and 14 states.

Attached is a Pix I took along the way. Anyone know where it was taken?

Tim

glasseye
01-25-2012, 02:34 AM
That ferry that I've always wanted to take? The one across Lake Michigan?

TimJuhl
01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Nope. I'll give you a hint - this ferry is free and the boat quite a bit smaller than the ones on the Lake Michigan run.

Thanks for trying!

Tim

Mrdi
01-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Mississippi

Dolphin Island to Fort Morgan

teamtexas
01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Galveston on the ferry to Bolivar, Tx. :thinking:

Dan

TimJuhl
01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Tah Dah! Dan wins. The ferry between Galveston island and Port Bolivar. It is a free, 18 minute trip that lets you take the scenic route along the NE Texas coast into Louisiana. It is incredible to see the amount of destruction that still remains from the hurricanes that pounded this area in recent years.

Before taking the ferry we camped on the beach at Galveston State Park for a couple of days. The park had pretty much been wiped out but it was back, open for business.

A note about the ferry - they don't want you hauling gasoline in cans unless they are approved portable tanks on a towed boat. Any propane canisters must be integrally attached to the vehicle, not rolling around :-)

Tim

teamtexas
01-31-2012, 11:47 PM
:bow: Thank, thank you very much.....I would like to thank my mom and....

It looked like somewhere I had been before with Mona. We stayed in the state park once but returned to galveston for an event weekend and they were booked. We stayed at an rv site just up the road a little closer to where seawall blvd. starts. It was a very nice site and well worth the extra $10. We had a site that looked over the beach with no obstructions.

You can send my prize money to .....:laughing:

Dan

AddicksAir
02-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Down there a couple of weeks ago, not much of a waiting line. That day there were lots of cement trucks on each boat going to the old fort near the light house. Long lines during the summer months.