PDA

View Full Version : US First Owner Lifetime Warranty - to migrate?

mean_in_green
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is likely to migrate to other markets, particularly the UK and Europe?

gerrym51
10-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is likely to migrate to other markets, particularly the UK and Europe?

does US have lifetime warranty

:thinking:

tab380
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Not for Sprinters

anomaly
10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
does US have lifetime warranty

:thinking:

Not only does it not apply to Sprinters :( but it also only applies to the original owner of the vehicle. This is one of those "sounds good on the commercial" warranties.

Since I did bite the bullet and buy a brand-new Sprinter. I wish it did 'cause as much as I paid for this van, I promise it's going to be a part of my family fleet for a LOOOOONG time!

jdcaples
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Not only does it not apply to Sprinters :( but it also only applies to the original owner of the vehicle. This is one of those "sounds good on the commercial" warranties.

Since I did bite the bullet and buy a brand-new Sprinter. I wish it did 'cause as much as I paid for this van, I promise it's going to be a part of my family fleet for a LOOOOONG time!

Considering the challenges facing Chrysler Vans LLC with regards to the lack of sales support (dealership sales staff either don't know how, or don't have access to product experts that can say, "there is no 4.10 rear axle available. it's 4.18), the lack of service support (there are still techs that don't know how to reset ASSYST using the StarSCAN), the lack of ownership support (what do I need to do to make hands-free on the Sound 20 option actually work?) and the lack of parts supply organization (we need the VIN of a vehicle properly ordered with Cell phone prep and Sound 20 w/o telephone connection and with the antenna in order to determine what missing parts are required to retrofit hands free hardware into existing vehicles)...

All that - to me, a casual observer - makes it impossible for anyone to say "we, Chrysler Vans LLC, are ready to support 2007 Sprinters in North America for life." They can't support a product with that kind of knowledge, production and service know-how deficits.

-Jon

mean_in_green
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh - my apology if I've misunderstood. I thought I'd read it was to first owners from October in the US.

jdcaples
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw a telvision advert indicating the new policy apllied to mainstream vehicles like the sedans and minivans. The Sprinter was named in a disclaimer overlay against the encouraging and exciting footage.

Jon

anomaly
10-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Considering the challenges facing Chrysler Vans LLC with regards to
the lack of sales support
the lack of service support
the lack of ownership support
and the lack of parts supply organization

All that - to me, a casual observer - makes it impossible for anyone to say "we, Chrysler Vans LLC, are ready to support 2007 Sprinters in North America for life." They can't support a product with that kind of knowledge, production and service know-how deficits.
-Jon
I hear your concerns, but this is no different than my experience in any way with Ford, Chevy or Dodge dealers over the last several years about any of their products, or parts. The dealer networks are painfully ignorant about the product sets. Sometimes even the official documentation is lacking, but more often it's mere ignorance of the documentation which already exists.

Frankly I have had so few issues with my foreign vehicles over the years that I have absolutely no idea whether the dealer networks for those vehicles are any different.

I think that the dealer network is woefully inadequate for customer support. Why do boards like this one exist? Customers are clamoring for information which is simply unavailable through official channels.