electrical fault

0rphan

HI had my sprinter for 4 years never gave me a bit of bother went to start one day after driving 60miles wouldn't turn over had 3 auto sparks to it and they all cam back with its the ecu fusebox etc eventually a friend of my dad said he knew a guy that could sort it.

It was the immobiliser so he bypassed it starts no problem now the fault I'm getting is when I turn my lights on to first position everything is normal turn them on to second position I loose dash lights and side marker lights on exterior.
Also if I press the break pedal with ignition on all warning light show and heater plugs fire up

possibly related fault or something the 3 auto sparks have done I can't get a hold of the lad that did the bypass as he's out the country van needs mot'd.

Hope this is a common fault and not something the messing about with the 3 auto sparks has caused.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If it's the immobilizer (it would be fascinating to hear how it was "bypassed"), then an MB dealer should have been able to clear the immobilizer with their dealership computer.

Your brake pedal symptom sounds like it's back-feeding power to the D+ (engine running) circuit?

What model year is this, and what country?

--dick

0rphan

2002 UK My friends 2001 sprinter had the same issue with the immobiliser but his is a different generation of van than my van and his imobiliser is bypassed as well but in a different way as he has a different ecu and setup but he doesn't have these faults.

Never took it to mercedes as was finishing a contract and no up coming work I was un employed for 6months so no cash income

Last edited:

Top Bottom