Part Number of correct dip stick

correllbil

2002 Freightliner 3500
I am almost ready to install my engine. Hope to get it in next week. Right now I need to know what the correct dipstick is for the engine. I put the oil in this AM and after putting in 9.5 quarts I barely get oil on the dip stick. I am think that maybe someone got a dipstick from a used Mercedes and put it in the sprinter.:thinking: The number on the dipstick is 60216. Is this the correct dipstick? I would expect the oil to be just a little high on the indicator until I get the filter filled.

Thanks,
Billy C
York, SC

talkinghorse43

Don't know for sure w/o going out to check, but searching here using the tool in the blue bar above shows an '06 owner has the same dipstick, so yours is probably OK. I've noticed that oil level is very sensitive to vehicle attitude (level), so I would wait until you've installed it to make any adjustments. 9 qts gets me to 1/2 qt down.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
..and don't forget that the red-handle dip stick is for a *hot* engine.
Mine reads at least 1/2 quart (liter) low when the engine is cold.

The MB part number i show for my 2005 OM647 2.7L dip stick is: A 602 010 16 72 (INDICATOR, ENGINE OIL LEVEL)
(and it's MB numbers that are stamped on the parts)

The Dodge part number is 05103962AA

--dick

Last edited:

correllbil

2002 Freightliner 3500
Ok I got the engine onto the lift and got it almost lever and now I see what I wanted to see. The oil is just below the high mark so when the filter fills and the engine is hot, it should be right in the middle. Hope to get the engine into the truck some late in the week. Got to do some work and make a few bucks to spend on the sprinter.

Billy C.
York, SC

Top Bottom