Help with surging.. Please...

Bourkeco

Help with surging.. Please... Solved!!!

I have searched and have tried the EGR solution. Just need some more Ideas to try.. Thanks.

I have a 06 2500 75000mi and it has had the o2 sensor, glow plugs & control, and resonator replaced over the last couple of years.
Now I am dealing with surging. I have no check eng. light (so Im asuming no codes, havent checked yet. ) Can there be codes with no eng. light?
So the deal is on the freway it surges not just a little. big surges under diff throttle pos. I have cleaned out the EGR valve and that helped the acceleration and just made the surging more noticiable... :frown:

Scott

Last edited:

car884

Just had the same problem. I would be on the turnpike and the van would lose RPM's and than gain RPM's. I found a crack on the intake hose. The hose going from the intercooler to the intake. (where your egr valve is) The crack was close to the manifold. I could not see it until I sqeezed it a bit. Got a new one from europarts and the van runs good.
Also, when was your fuel last replaced?

Bourkeco

Just had the same problem. I would be on the turnpike and the van would lose RPM's and than gain RPM's. I found a crack on the intake hose. The hose going from the intercooler to the intake. (where your egr valve is) The crack was close to the manifold. I could not see it until I sqeezed it a bit. Got a new one from europarts and the van runs good.
Also, when was your fuel last replaced?

Thanks I will take a look at that.... just changed the fuel filter, thought that might be the problem.... it wasent :hmmm:

Scott

Bourkeco

Solved!!! thanks for the replys It was the upper hose after the intercooler split in the hose where I could not see it...:thumbup:

Top Bottom