Side curtain and seat airbags

cfpirate

I am considering a new Sprinter with side curtain and seat airbags and I want to have swivel front seats installed. Does anyone know if the swivel seats are ok with the side airbags? My concern is that Dodge may not allow rv converters to install swivel seats if there are side curtain and seat airbags on the Sprinter. Any thoughts?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I am considering a new Sprinter with side curtain and seat airbags and I want to have swivel front seats installed. Does anyone know if the swivel seats are ok with the side airbags? My concern is that Dodge may not allow rv converters to install swivel seats if there are side curtain and seat airbags on the Sprinter. Any thoughts?
side window air bags run on a separate module so swivel is not an issue as it's an option.
air bags in a seat:thinking: injector seats are a new one on me:laughing:
You made a valid point with RV conversions currently in the US senate there is a mandate being pushed to get the RV manufactures to comply to a secondary Manufactures license that has full certificate of Compliance. Between the B pillar the wiring and sensors are installed place fit outs as this point it may block out the programed senors to activate, long story on that one so be carefully MB will not Honor a RV conversion on warranty claims state side if the modifications to the body work are outside of their parameters of installation.
This is for 07 models on wards, so at the moment it's a Grey area.
Richard

Zach Woods

Hello cfpirate -

Mercedes will OK at least certain types of swivel seats with the Sprinter airbag systems.

Evidence can be found in both the Airstream Sprinter Westfalia / T1N Mercedes James Cook and the new / current NCV3 Mercedes James Cook (see http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68 for links and info).

Mercedes has owned Westfalia for a number of years now. Mercedes therefore OK's all of the Westfalia conversion work. Both the T1N and the NCV3 Westfalia built James Cooks have both front seats capable of swiveling.

Zach

Last edited:

Top Bottom