PDA

View Full Version : Gear selector diagram?

kendall69
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone have a schematics or diagram of the parts associated with the gear selector.

I put my 07 into drive yesterday, and it seems like it's flopping around between D1, D2, D3, and D.

Where there was a definite resistance between gears, or being held in place my a spring ( ?) now it seems like the spring or tension is gone and the gear shifter just seems to float around.

Yes I can still select the different gears, but you no longer have to tap once for each gear, it just flops around?

Any thoughts? Yes it's dealer bound, but I at least wanted to seem intelligent when I called.

Altered Sprinter
10-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Look at the rod connections !for worn or loose split pins, the rod may be bent out of shape , similar to a manual but a clutch fork causes that problem, If it's not smooth in changes..and the gear lever..feels loose and sloppy then my guess it's mechanical at those points, I'M thinking of that Pawl valve and senors on another thread:thinking: But it's a dealer dial in for sure if its not a ATF fluid, to top up.
Richard

Altered Sprinter
10-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Heck I jut remembered your on a new 07, just under the selector there is a pull out tab, if your trans does lock down , stick a screw driver in it this will release the lock for a slow limp mode but you will have gears to get there, this one is defiantly a dealer dial in.
Richard

kendall69
10-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Hey Richard, Many thanks as usual. I will have to buy you a beer some day, or at least send you some cookies.

It all happened at once, felt like something let go all of a sudden, I drove to the store all was fine, got in to go, put it gear, and it felt like something was hanging up ( I thought something was on the floor keeping it from going into fear)
then it went in and its floppy, I can select all gears, it takes absolutely no resistance to go to the next gear, whereas before it seemed to click in place.

I'll keep you updated after my dealer gets it.

Altered Sprinter
10-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey Richard, Many thanks as usual. I will have to buy you a beer some day, or at least send you some cookies.

It all happened at once, felt like something let go all of a sudden, I drove to the store all was fine, got in to go, put it gear, and it felt like something was hanging up ( I thought something was on the floor keeping it from going into fear)
then it went in and its floppy, I can select all gears, it takes absolutely no resistance to go to the next gear, whereas before it seemed to click in place.

I'll keep you updated after my dealer gets it.
Please let us know this is valuable user information, for future refs/
Have a great Day too! Cascade will be fine or Fosters:thumbup:
Richard