2012 Sprinter slider door squeek/rattle after first road trip

Investorguy

Slider door squeeks whenever the road gets a bit bumpy or whenever I corner a bit sharply, especially if I'm turning right... Only 700 miles I would expect it to be a bit tighter at this age.

A search turned up:

I had a rattle/creaking noise on bumpy roads but not turns or on smooth pavement.

It turned out to be the receivers on the forward door jamb of sliding door frame.

The receivers are spring loaded. I pushed against the spring-loaded, captured plugs in the receiver, and sprayed a little aerosol lube in there.... it's been quiet for three years or so.
So I'm going to check on that. Any other ideas what may be contributing to this?

I had the same thing. The dealer cured it with double sided tape on the edges of the panel that covers the window cut-out. Do you have a window in your sliding door or a cut-out covered by a panel?

Investorguy

I had the same thing. The dealer cured it with double sided tape on the edges of the panel that covers the window cut-out. Do you have a window in your sliding door or a cut-out covered by a panel?
I have a window. I think it may be those things mentioned. Somewhere I've got rubber rubbing against plastic I think, which causes the squeak.

Geek

I also find re-closing it can make a difference.

When mine is squeaking, I open it and close it again (forcefully) and its usually good to go.

Investorguy

Okay, in case anyone has this issue, a little Dow55 lube applied to the spring-mounted door connections fixed it. The sound was metal on rubber so I thought that might work. No more squeak now.

Chandlerazman

Mine has been squeaking for over a year. Today it really was bugging me. I'll go lube it up.
Thanks for posting this as my reminder!

2Cougs

2020 Sprinter 170 4x4
Okay, in case anyone has this issue, a little Dow55 lube applied to the spring-mounted door connections fixed it. The sound was metal on rubber so I thought that might work. No more squeak now.
great suggestion! I had this annoying squeaking in the sliding door towards the front. I thought it was from the door seals and perhaps a result of installing aftermarket bug curtain which utilizes the door seals for install. Had to take it into Mercedes for recall item so had them take a look. They adjusted the two rubber door bumpers and cleaned the rubber door seals. I walked through this with the Tech. Interesting enough, this seem to work for about 10 miles and then the squeaking started again.
I since found your post and lubricated the two spring release bushings as you suggested. And wouldn’t you know, the squeaking is gone and has not returned. Thank you!

Top Bottom