Here is my new toy !

dvoyer

Hello from a new Sprinter enthusiast !

I've read a lot on this board in the past few months. I was looking for a Sprinter conversion since last year. I finally found an almost already RV converted 2007 170wb Sprinter 2500. Previous owner had different needs than mine, then I had to redo a lot of things... part of cabinetry, part of plumbing, all the electricity (12V and 120V), heating (Espar D2), deco, etc.

This Sprinter will be our weekend and vacation family car. Right now I'm writing from Florida where we are for two weeks (we live in Quebec, Canada). First trip with the van and I'm really happy with it.

The project isn't finished yet but I understand and I accept now that it will never be completely finished !

Here it is:

Sprinter_2.jpg

Sprinter_3.jpg

Sprinter_5.jpg

Sprinter_1.jpg

Sprinter_4.jpg

Dominic

dvoyer

Thanks, I'm planning to redo/fix the toilet and shower section. Previous owner did a very bad job for that part of his project. Shower drain is leaking in the floor (between Sprinter metal floor and isolated floor covering). Black holding tank is leaking (outside) when near full. This black tank is really small too. I don't need a shower in the van then I will use only one tank (the grey one) as holding tank.
I could post before/after pictures in the RV section if you are interested.
Dominic

dvoyer

I'm the second owner of this van. Previous owner bought the van new in 2007 and converted it using a very old travel trailer. He did a good job for some things and a bad job for others.

Here is few pics before I did my mods:

4_autre_1314627719.jpg
8_1314627719.jpg
2_autre_1314627719.jpg

The oven range was from the travel trailer... and in a TT nobody is there to hear the sound that makes an old oven range with many parts loose on the road. I removed all the cabinet with the oven and the sink and I built a new one, thinner, to accommodate a removal camping stove and a smaller bar 12" sink.

The fridge was more than 30 years old. I replaced it for a automatic gas/electric model. The new model is 2 inches wider and 2 inches taller... I had to modified that cabinet too.
P1020368p.jpg

To each his own as you say in English (I'm a French speaking person as you can see !) but personally I did not like the look of the interior when I bought my van. It was like having a new car with an older inside look.

Things I also did until now: (I can post pictures or give explanations on request)

Espar D2 heating unit with two outlets and thermostat.

Rear view cameras (one see the rear bumper and the other see farther)

See level holding tank gauges and monitor

Three stage charger/converter with Trimetric battery monitor and Galaxy Trik-L-Start (to keep the truck battery charged too)

Firestone compressor and gauge to inflate/deflate/monitor from inside the rear air bags.

Reinstalled a Pressure Pro system I already had (from my previous RV)

2300 watt inverter with automatic transfer switch.

Navigation/radio/cd combo

P1020369p.jpg

A work in progress...

Take care,
Dominic
Quebec, Canada

Top Bottom