Side Door Auto Lock / Unlock

swassociates

Ruler Of The Wasteland
This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I have a 2007 144" Hi Top which has power door locks. All except the sliding side door that is. Are these vans not equipped with a power door lock on that door or is mine just broken? Like I said dumb question but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Are you sure only the side slider is not Auto Lock/Unlock and not with the rear?

swassociates

Ruler Of The Wasteland
Are you sure only the side slider is not Auto Lock/Unlock and not with the rear?
The rear auto lock works fine. The side door does not. I was just assuming that maybe it didn't have an actuator. I'll pull the panel and see what I can find out.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
The rear auto lock works fine. The side door does not. I was just assuming that maybe it didn't have an actuator. I'll pull the panel and see what I can find out.
Yes... check the actuator. But also check relay or fuses as it may be possible each door has separate ones... where I was leaning to with my original question is that if the rear wasn't working also, it may be that the side and rear were deactivated, as this is possible to do via the ignition switch and dash buttons... see owner guide for steps.

Last edited:

zither99

My sliding door lock sometimes craps out. Locking sometimes doesnt work either, i can tell because when I click the lock button on the remote I dont receive 3 blinks from the signal indicators.

The automatic lock and assembly is fairly easy to change, and costs approx $170 at the dealer. I know because I was about to replace mine thinking it was broken, then it randomly started working again. right now it works 95% of the time.

nickgee

My 07 sliding door does the same thing. Below freezing temps it won't unlatch. I lubed all the parts that would cause that to happen, and treated my rubber seals with non freezing lube and it did not fix the problem, This seam to happen mostly when it sits outside over night. But when mother nature turns the temp higher than freezing it will work correctly. I can hear the actuator clicking to unlock the latch and can see the cable trying to pull the latch, but nothing. So this weekend I will pull the latch out to see if I can fine the culprit. If any one else has already remedied this problem please post it.

Quiet_Magnum

CRLEngineer
My 07 sliding door does the same thing. Below freezing temps it won't unlatch. I lubed all the parts that would cause that to happen, and treated my rubber seals with non freezing lube and it did not fix the problem, This seam to happen mostly when it sits outside over night. But when mother nature turns the temp higher than freezing it will work correctly. I can hear the actuator clicking to unlock the latch and can see the cable trying to pull the latch, but nothing. So this weekend I will pull the latch out to see if I can fine the culprit. If any one else has already remedied this problem please post it.
My 08 is having the same problem. Had Dodge dealer put in new latch to no avail (worked for 1 day). In cold weather lock to unlock will not change state and vice versa. In varying degrees, other locks affected as well. In my view of possible problems 1) Something sticky and getting stickier in colder weather changing timing issues with body control module, 2) Misalignment somewhere of latch/door, 3) Sticky switch in gear change mechanism. I would fix myself, but our 08 is under warranty.

Trying to diagnose why my sliding door won't autolock with the remote. The fronts/rears work fine, but I have to manually close the sliding door.

Potential things to check

• Actuator
• Any fuses?

Anything else I should check? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

eeazye

Trying to diagnose why my sliding door won't autolock with the remote. The fronts/rears work fine, but I have to manually close the sliding door.

Potential things to check

• Actuator
• Any fuses?

Anything else I should check? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
There is a wiring harness in a flexible plastic tray that rides along with the slider door as it opens and closes if we're talking about an NCV3. Mine was completely missing when I bought my truck. My experience with some domestic minivans that use this style of wire loom is the wires can break and give you intermittent or inoperative all together door lock function. Check under the plastic step panel after opening the side door.

eeazye

That's the one. Just checked my receipt for the one I replaced. MB part number 906-820-41-69. They call it an 'energy chain'. When you go to replace it make sure you have plenty of time. You'll want to clean all the debris out of the channel and will have too adjust the cable for the door hold open latch.

Top Bottom