Alldata Subscription

A friend allowed me access to some Alldata information to try to help someone out. I was very impressed with the information available there. I think it is well worth joining for any DIY type Sprinter owner.

I just signed up. They show 2 options on the page. One for a 1 year subscription, another for a 5 year subscription. When I went to sign up for the 5 year subscription I came to a Promo Code box so I backed out and did a search. Turns out there is a promo code FALLDIY which is for a 3 year one vehicle subscription for $29.95 sign up. Essentially the same price per year as the 5 year plan. Who knows what I'll be doing Sprinter-wise 3 years from now? There are other promo codes out there if you Google "AlldataDIY promo" without the quotes.

Here is the link.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/

I will continue to help as I can here. I will not copy and paste any Alldata information. It's cheap enough to join that even I did it. :tongue: FWIW. vic

Last edited:

Vic, thanks for the tip!
Does that subscription cover just the Sprinter or all of your vehicles?? :thinking:
The $29.95 covers one vehicle for 3 years so I listed my Sprinter.

There are options to add vehicles at a per vehicle cost for 1 year and 5 years. To be honest I don't know how adding to a 3 year subscription works. :idunno:

Before you add another vehicle to a subscription you should "do the Google on the internets" as I suggested above. In addition to the 3 year deal I ran across there were coupons for adding another vehicle at reduced price as compared to the website pricing. Perhaps starting with a 5 year subscription and then adding vehicles using coupon pricing makes more financial sense? Especially if you have vehicles you know you'll own for at least the next 5 years.

I didn't bother to add my wife's 1995 Buick because I have manuals which cover what I need. Adding vehicles certainly seems worthwhile if you don't already have good documentation. Have fun. vic

Edit: If other vehicles figure in to whether it is worthwhile for you, check the vehicles covered list. For instance one comment indicates that BMW has requested them not to list any of their data.

Last edited:

showkey

It maybe too early to tell since nobody has needed to find a specific spec or instruction but how much different or complete is the information on ALLDATA compared to the "Factory manual on CD" which we know is just OK?

I know Alldata claims to have Service Bulletins but so does government web sites.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Alldatadiy.com gets its info from the Chrysler source that provided the 2007/2008/2009 service manual CDs. Alldatadiy.com's info contains the exact same flaws.

Alldatadiy.com also buys technical service bulletins from Chrysler. The government announcements are not dealership actionable.

What does that mean?

It means that Manufacturers inform the government before they inform the dealerships. If a recall requires parts to be replaced, the goverment knows before the parts ship to dealerships.

You can wave a print out of a government annoucement all you want in the dealership lobby but the dealership can't do anything until they get

1) a "how to" - meaning what must be physically done to execute the recall repair instructions
2) have a recall "billing code," so they can send bill the manufacturer for technican time
3) have new parts on the shelf

Chrysler's H44 recall was reported by Chrysler to the government 3 or 4 months before the first recall was actually do-able. The scan tool wasn't even able to download the new firmware until then.

-Jon

NBB

I really like alldata and have posted it here many times. It's good for routine repairs and maintenance. A very significant feature worth the price alone is that they put labor hours in there. You can use these to estimate your own time or to call out BS on another shop's estimate.

For a major repair, though, I like sprintertekinfo.com better. Adding $18 to a major repair to DIY the right way is nothing. For example, I used sprintertekinfo to add my high idle. I needed good wiring diagrams. The necessary information is not on alldata nor the CD's.

Last edited:

Top Bottom