LOOK,What I find!!!

Jim42

Hi!I'm just open plastic cover under front driver side step and find that::cry:.DSC000211.jpg
Cleaned upDSC000222.jpg,using Rust bullet productDSC000244.jpg and cover it by silver anti-rust primerDSC000266.jpg.Now it look better!Hey guys check yours before winter.Do anybody have issue like that?:idunno:
My Sprinter 05 with 400k mi on it.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
thanks for the pictures:thumbup:id say most sprinters are like that,mine had some rust but not as bad as yours.
it seems a bad place prone to being damp and holding moisture.:frown:

galvinize

2003 passenger van, 119,000 miles.

Thank you for good photos and suggested resolution.

We had the same rust problem... and only became aware of it because we needed to remove the step plate for routing wires to a roof vent. Had we not discovered the water retention and rust, one day the step-plate would have fallen through the sheet metal!

We painted the rusty spots with the Rustoleum product which creates a black coating, and drilled a drain hole towards the front (the existing drain hole was at the rear... but water collected at the front). Have not re-installed the screw-access plastic plugs because we want to periodically inspect the area for water and rust.

wayneskid

Are NCV3's showing this same problem? I will definitely be checking my 2008 the next time I'm in the same state with it. Scarry!

Top Bottom