Shelving/Storage - 2007 Sprinter

contact_sports

Do any affordable shelving/storage solutions exist, or is it best to custom build out of wood?

There are various custom solutions being sold, but they are far out of my price range.

Thanks.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Do you consider working for yourself "free?"

If so, wood - 2x4s, screws/bolts, CDX - time and effort are probably the most cash-conserving option for shelving.

I know people that store tools and supplies on the floor of their vans in plastic tubs purchased on the cheap; from garage sales, places like St. Vincent De Paul, Salvation Army, church rummage sales etc.

What problem are you solving?

-Jon

I did something like this once.... worked fine for 5 years of scabbing quasi-legit framing, running electrical wire, sweating copper and light home repair.
DSC04413.jpg

Last edited:

contact_sports

Spending 3 or 4k on a custom metal fabricated shelving solution is not really an option, unless I can find it discounted on eBay or Craigslist. Just wanted some feedback from others. I'd rather pay a custom cabinet builder, which would probably cost 1/3 the price of some of these commercial solutions that are out there now.

I opted for ranger design units and love them. Yes they were pricey but they are well built and quiet. I spent $3100 for their bulkhead with sliding door and 3 -4' series 88 shelving units out the door. I did install them myself. You can cut that down if you choose other shelving options or different bulkhead but I would still think you would end up at $2500. It's not cheap but it is nice stuff.

Top Bottom