Snorkel for T1N?

motobueno

Good luck getting them to sell you one!I gave up and made my own.
Tried to attach a pic,Tried so many ways,I'm pissed and give up.Sorry

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here's motobueno's picture, and he added:
"The tubing Co. that did mine plotted it out and may still have the file.I have no idea how much they might charge for one more but I'm sure that any more than one-the price will go down."
snorkel.jpg

--dick

motobueno

As you all can imagine,my van draws a lot of attention.It fascinates::hmmm: me that ALL the comments about the snorkel are related to going thru deep water!!!
So here we go again
:professor:It is NOT about deep water crossing.The snorkel is used for drawing in cleaner air above the road(DIRT)surface.I was surprised myself as to how much crap the precleaner picks up just driving on paved roads.
When I explane this to the daily inquires it seems to make sense.I hope that it does the same here.
Tom

As you all can imagine,my van draws a lot of attention.It fascinates::hmmm: me that ALL the comments about the snorkel are related to going thru deep water!!!
So here we go again
:professor:It is NOT about deep water crossing.The snorkel is used for drawing in cleaner air above the road(DIRT)surface.I was surprised myself as to how much crap the precleaner picks up just driving on paved roads.
When I explane this to the daily inquires it seems to make sense.I hope that it does the same here.
Tom
Since you brought it up...
I can understand where it might pay for desert or other extreme conditions.

How does the additional pressure drops of the extended pipe and pre-filter figure in to all this? Depending upon your annual mileage wouldn't more frequent OEM filter changes be just as effective and less costly? The inside of my filter outlet has remained pretty much white glove test clean when I've checked it.

Any noticeable effect on mileage given the additional wind resistance?

Interesting concept though. I believe I've seen it on some big rigs. vic

motobueno

Since you brought it up...
I can understand where it might pay for desert or other extreme conditions.
Yes it does.

How does the additional pressure drops of the extended pipe and pre-filter figure in to all this?
It hasn't (that I can tell)made any difference.The can on top is not really a filter.I creates a vortice that spins the air as it enters and troughs the heaver particles off to the side and are caught in the outer edge of the container.
Depending upon your annual mileage wouldn't more frequent OEM filter changes be just as effective and less costly?
Of course it would, I did it because I could and it looks really cool!With too much time on my hands,At least I did something really cool.
The inside of my filter outlet has remained pretty much white glove test clean when I've checked it.

Any noticeable effect on mileage given the additional wind resistance?
No

Interesting concept though. I believe I've seen it on some big rigs. vic
These are used on a lot of heavy equipment

motobueno

A yellow label on the pipe saying "Desert Dust Filter" will help self-educate onlookers.

--dick
I have thought about that,But when they get close to the van and see the 4x4 badge--:drool:
It's all over:lol:I could make up a brochure about all the upgrades to hand out,But I love talking about the van.:smirk:
Tom

Attachments

AddicksAir

It is NOT about deep water crossing.The snorkel is used for drawing in cleaner air above the road(DIRT)surface.I was surprised myself as to how much crap the precleaner picks up just driving on paved roads.
Tom[/QUOTE]

I understand, but does it filter out the fish when you go thru deep water?:bash:

bc339

Wouldn't you just love to see your Sprinter performing some deep water fording like this? Just make sure your ECU and TCU are waterproof...
Maybe not, on second thought.

Bruce

Attachments

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Wouldn't you just love to see your Sprinter performing some deep water fording like this? Just make sure your ECU and TCU are waterproof...
Maybe not, on second thought.

Bruce
http://thestandardedition.com/2010/08/17/u-s-military-underwater-truck/
Here's a bit more info on the picture of the underwater truck. Crazy. You know you can purchase those trucks at government auctions for around 5 grand. And no, I'm not just saying I heard that, I know it. Check it out for yourself: govliquidation.com

jcjacobvt

Here's motobueno's picture, and he added:
"The tubing Co. that did mine plotted it out and may still have the file.I have no idea how much they might charge for one more but I'm sure that any more than one-the price will go down."
View attachment 38941

--dick
Well I still want one. I am using the HD factory air filter and always have lots of dirt in the bottom of my air box when I change it. Is it possible that your tubing company could punch another one out? And could you check with them for cost, then the cost to ship it to Vermont 05464?

motobueno

I'm back in Washington now,The tubing co. is in Fremont Ca. I had mine made 2 years ago. In the middle of a remodel right now and everything is upside down.Don't have any idea where there card is-sorry:idunno:. If I find it I will be sure to post the info.
Tom

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Love to snorkel.:bounce:
The option Has no code it's just an accessory listed. As:'Raised air intake' (Snorkel) Cost VAT exempt for global export except the USA Listed at 990 Euro's plus freight.
Can be sourced from Frank in South Africa:hmmm: Australian! Never seen one, but the mines would be using them fr sure."My Guess made by a local company that specializes in 4x4 off road units.
AUS AU$ around 770 dollars.
If your wallet is fat enough to part with the Kanga's.
Richard
Allrad1 big and little foot (Custom).jpg

Top Bottom