Wiper Switch

PaluzTV

Director of Photography
I've got an '06 2500 and my intermittent wipers are not working. Low and high are fine, though if I turn them on and then off, they freeze wherever they are. Any ideas?

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Interesting. I am getting the same.
I have discovered that when I pull on the wiper switch about the same as if I were Flashing my Highbeams with the turn signal switch, I get the intermittent wipers. Only while holding it.
I can hear a relay under the dash click on.
When I do this, the wipers start for one swipe, just as they should. If I let go and pull again, I get another fresh start. Each time, I hear the relay click.
If I hold the control arm, the wipers will again do one swipe and that relay clicks on it's own.

So I'm thinking it is in the switch. Anyone know the price and ease of repair of this?

mendonsy

What you are describing sounds like either a bad switch or a bad connection in the wiper motor.
The wipers should return on their own when the switch is turned off. They stop when they reach the switch inside the motor. If they stop somewhere else the switch is stuck open.
Here's something you could try:
1) Turn the wipers on then turn of the key while the wipers are up.
2) Turn off the wiper switch and turn the key on.
3) The wipers should return to the park position.
4) If they don't return, the problem is inside the wiper motor.
:2cents:

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
It happened when I turned on the windshield wiper motor to brush off a little snow, which had frozen the wipers to the glass, the pivot stub turned inside the arm destroying some teeth.
I am unclear. Are you saying by "It" that the wiper switch or wiper motor connection failed as the result of turning on your wipers when frozen? Or are you simply saying your wiper switch worked perfectly and your wiper motor was powerful enough to strip the wiper arm nut? https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9487&highlight=wiper+strip

Top Bottom