L A Auto Show

Mrdi

Went to the L A Auto show last Sunday 11/20/11, this is one of the biggies. L A Convention Center $12 self parking etc. The exotics and major manufacturers introduce the new models and dream cars. Mercedes had a very large display, I would guess at least 25 plus models on display. The model with the most tire kickers, .......
hold your breath......
A black Sprinter passenger model.
It was the WOW vehicle of the Mercedes display.

Ho-Hum

I would not doubt it. We were in Maui two weeks ago and saw many Sprinters. But, the best of all was a shiny black passenger hi-top owned by Arthur's Limousine. A knock out day or night. He has a dark green one, too, that isn't shabby. But, the black one........ I would work for him to drive the black one.

Went to the L A Auto show last Sunday 11/20/11, this is one of the biggies. L A Convention Center $12 self parking etc. The exotics and major manufacturers introduce the new models and dream cars. Mercedes had a very large display, I would guess at least 25 plus models on display. The model with the most tire kickers, .......
hold your breath......
A black Sprinter passenger model.
It was the WOW vehicle of the Mercedes display.
Looks like I need to go to LA Auto show to see which van they have on display.......We have full fleet of vechicle at our dealership....passenger, cargo, crew, etc......

Mrdi

Nelli at MB of Laguna,
You have a half dozen Service Specials posted on line at your dealership.
www.mblaguna.com
One is a brake fluid exchange for $89.
Does this include the Sprinter.
Do these specials typically include Sprinters?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The Sprinter Service Specials have their own "Service Menu" page... which is kind'a empty...
http://www.mblaguna.com/orange-county-service-sprinter-coupons/default
Laguna.jpg

--dick
p.s. ouch... elsewhere on the LN site, they say:
"The Daimler built vans were previously marketed under the Dodge brand, where Steve first started with Sprinter. In 2010, the vans moved to their roots and are now exclusively sold under the Mercedes-Benz Star. "

..so what's Freightliner? Chopped liver?
http://www.freightlinersprinterusa.com/
(not a Star to be seen...)

Last edited:

Mrdi

"The Sprinter Service Specials have their own "Service Menu" page... which is kind'a empty..."
It's always empty.

Perhaps our interest in their dealership's website will generate some activity in the Sprinter Service area.
An active and expert service center generates purchase incentive.

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
<snip>
"The Daimler built vans were previously marketed under the Dodge brand, <snip>
In 2010, the vans moved to their roots and are now exclusively sold under the Mercedes-Benz Star. "

..so what's Freightliner? Chopped liver?
http://www.freightlinersprinterusa.com/
(not a Star to be seen...)
Hmm...

Freightliner: the other white van.
Freightliner: the original NAFTA Sprinter (Model Year 2002 was exclusively F/L, if I recall corrrectly).
Freightliner: would-be victim of revisionist history.

I'm glad I didn't change out my grille from F/L to MB.

I think people need to remember the years where the Sprinter brand and Sprinter product suffered from poor sales & service education (and Dealership passion!) in our market.

-Jon

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
"I think people need to remember the years where the Sprinter brand and Sprinter product suffered from poor sales & service education (and Dealership passion!) in our market."

I was not aware that anything has changed. Still poor sales and service. No support for design errors such as leaking differential,hanger bearing,alternator/battery/starter wiring, etc. No web site for owners that has useful service information. No Mercedes support for a reasonably priced diagnostic tool so someone other than a Mercedes dealer can repair the vehicle.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I was not aware that anything has changed. Still poor sales and service. No support for design errors such as leaking differential,hanger bearing,alternator/battery/starter wiring, etc. No web site for owners that has useful service information. No Mercedes support for a reasonably priced diagnostic tool so someone other than a Mercedes dealer can repair the vehicle.
I suppose I should say that in Western Washington State, service, vehicle awareness, sales education, service education is better than it was under Chrysler by a very long shot.

It's true that across the nation people will have very different experiences. Some regions seem to have superstar dealerships and other areas are served only slacker dealerships.

MB of Lynnwood WA has treated me very well since the start of 2010. They've fixed every T1N that I've referred to them, too; fix it right the first time, every time so far.

So yeah, I hear and feel what you're saying Dave. I'm just saying it's better now than it was under Chrysler, at least where I live.
-Jon

Nelli at MB of Laguna,
You have a half dozen Service Specials posted on line at your dealership.
www.mblaguna.com
One is a brake fluid exchange for $89.
Does this include the Sprinter.
Sorry for the late response. I check with service department and all specials on LN website not include Sprinter Vans. Price for Sprinter brake fluid exchange is $149, but our manager said in couple of weeks they will do some specials for Sprinter Vans, they working on prices and packages now. Please check periodically our service webpage. If you need help, feel free to contact me and I will connect you with our service department to get good price and service for your van. Also, if anyone need help on service for Sprinters please call Carlos Kristales Sprinter Van Services Manager at MB of Laguna Niguel, his phone # is 949-347-3883 or email at ckristales@mblaguna.com

Top Bottom