New to Forum long time lurker

Bella View

We have a 08 View H which we purchased used with 10,000 miles back in April of 2010. We now have 36,000 miles which included Alaska last year and just returned from a trip across the US up the eastern seaboard to the top of Maine and back along the northern states to our home in Mammoth Lakes Ca. We also stopped at the Winnebago factory on the way back.
This is our first class C having over the years gone from the back of a pickup up thru vans and class A motorhomes, last being a 35 ft Beaver. Our View we think is the ideal size for two and our golden retriever!
Next year we will take the southern route to Key West Fl to pick up the few states missing from our map!
So far we have not had one issue of any kind. I did change the intercooler fittings from information on this forum. We average 14 to 15 mpg (15 to Alaska) with an occasional 16, we like to travel at 65-70 on long Interstates when we need to get from A to B.
That's are little story in a nutshell!

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario
Welcome to the FORUM ... can you tell us (me) a little about your trip experience to Alaska. I am in the process of planning a trip there now. I figure to leave around May, June and July of 2013 ... any ideas and advise would be appreciated.

Bella View

We didn't leave Ca until August, returned Oct., 10,000 miles! We found it to be the ideal time, no bugs and no crowds. We caught the changing colors from Fairbanks all the way home! No problems of any kind. We absolutely loved Denali Nat Park. We encountered all kinds of weather, but nothing that stopped us, a little snow thru some of the high passes on the way home, carry cables (never used them). Every turn was a new adventure! Animals everywhere! Roads were always an adventure, when you see a red cone or flag on the side of the road.........slow down! The worst roads on the whole trip were the last 150 miles of the Yukon Territory before crossing into Alaska. We very rarely cruised any faster than 55, if the road gets rough slow down!
Camping was easy, lots of very nice campgrounds plus we dry camped a lot in some beautiful locations! Our satellite TV didn't work once we crossed into Canada. Most RV parks had cable and wi-fi!
Make sure to take spare filters ( $11 oil filter cost me $48 in Whitehorse YK), fuel, oil and spare headlight bulbs ( lost two?) plus a few qts of oil. We changed oil in Anchorage at Jiffy Lube, 5000 miles. Fuel was never a problem, make sure to fill up every morning, we had around a 300 mile range. If you have a source in your area for the 3M product (Clear vinyl bra) in your area definitely have it installed on the front and the leading edge where the cab makes the round transition to the MH, just behind the doors. We spent a lot of time on gravel roads so any protection to the paint will help! The biggest help on the trip was the latest edition of Milepost.......DON"T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

Top Bottom