PDA

View Full Version : hands free cell phone system

jgoodn
11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a new Four Winds Siesta 24SA . All is well except I have no idea how to use the hands free cell phone feature. I know we have this feature because I received one call hands free without knowing why it came through or how it works. The manual only describes how to use the system if one has steering wheel controls. We don't.
Does anyone have a clue about this system and particularly where can I find a users manual that tells me how it works. The sprinter manual does mention a cell phone holder implying that it is necessary but identifying what holder is needed is not obvious from searching Sprinter accessories etc.
I hope someone can enlighten me
Thanks

Working Retired
11-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Your rig is a 2011 model, I presume? I'm not aware of this system, but my rig is a 2008. I look forward to seeing any replies to your post.
Good Luck!

sailquik
11-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi jgoodn,
Does your cell phone have bluetooth?
If so, you Sprinter's radio can most likely interface with your cell phone.
Check the Radio Manual for the radio features that may not be covered in the Operator's manual.
Does you radio have a red and green button that looks like a telephone handset?
The controls you expect on the steering wheel may actually be on the radio panel.
My 2010 MB Sprinter with the steering wheel controls has both, and I mostly use
the radio buttons for bluetooth hands free call.
The Radio is a Sound 20 but it does not say so on the radio.
The quality of the microphone on my system is not good, so I will add some sort
of aux. mike and perhaps change the radio to get an aux. input.
Roger

jgoodn
11-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. My radio is a JRV 210 Jensen . It does not have a phone icon on its panel.
My iPhone does have bluetooth and it was on. Unfortunately further trials did not produce a message over the car sparker. The manual for my radio does not mention either phones or blue tooth. Still baffled.

Oldfartt
11-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Have a look at page 14 of your jrv 210 Jensen manual. It shows that an Iphone can be used if you have an I pod interface, which I suspect you have. Maybe the Answer function happens automatically when the I phone is plugged it.
Your van does not have the hands free kit as installed at the factory which is the Sound 20 which does have all the features to answer and make calls hands free. The Jensen 210 does have other features for the USA market.

For those with a sound 20 and you are looking for the microphone, it is installed in the headlining next to the light fitting above the rear view mirror. It can be positioned either left or right side of the light fitting.

Cheers

Ross