PDA

View Full Version : Jon Caples appreciation thread

BBlessing
11-08-2011, 03:22 AM
i just wanted to say how lucky we are and that i am to have you as a fellow sprinter owner/enthusiest. thank you sir for all you do for all of us here at the sprinter forum. you are a man among men. :cheers:

bb

jdcaples
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
i just wanted to say how lucky we are and that i am to have you as a fellow sprinter owner/enthusiest. thank you sir for all you do for all of us here at the sprinter forum. you are a man among men. :cheers:

bb

Thank you, Bruce.

I don't know what to say other than I really, really appreciate you for your patience and the things you've taught me. You're an exceptional artist and designer. I'll deeply respect your talent and gentle mannerisms way past the time when we're both senile.

Oh, and I also appreciate you and for not mocking me when I couldn't figure out which way to turn the bleeder wrench that time when we were executing a proper, MB "Exceptional Brake Bleed," procedure on your black beauty, "The Intimidator."

-Jon

slsbl77
11-08-2011, 09:04 AM

bb

+1, Jon is a huge plus for all the forum members, thank you Jon!

psalm66
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Jon - thanks for this forum and your work in maintaining it. I read it for about 9 months before we got "Green Machine" and it was instrumental in our purchase and the vehicle options we specified.
Perhaps we'll get a chance to meet you in the future at some Sprinter event!
Thanks again! :cheers:

mendonsy
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree. Jon has been extremely helpful to a lot of people. :cheers:
There are some others too. Andy, Wayne, Vic, and Richard come to mind.

Altered Sprinter
11-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Bruce for the heads up with Jon :thumbup: As we say down under a dam good chap and friend to know.:clapping:
Cheers Richard

Aqua Puttana
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I agree. Jon has been extremely helpful to a lot of people. :cheers:
There are some others too. Andy, Wayne, Vic, and Richard come to mind.
Thanks, but even then Jon is the one who supplied me the T1N books which I often use to try and help others. Jon is a great asset to us all. vic

Graphite Dave
11-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks Jon. You have put in the time to try to understand these complex vehicles. It is appreciated.

sikwan
11-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you, Jon! :bow::bow::bow:

OrioN
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
:hugs:

Hey!! How about a Roast??!!

:D:

piper1
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Jon has undoubtedly improved the Sprinter ownership experience for a lot of people...including me. Speaks to a persons character to spend the time he does helping others.

icarus
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks John,,, instead of a roast,, how about a roost!

Icarus

jdcaples
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
:hugs:

Hey!! How about a Roast??!!

:D:

I'll come to the roast if there will be pie.

:smirk:

Mrdi
11-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Agreed.
Jon always responds with informed instruction, suggestion and the documentation that supports it. He also supplies help in a manner that is gracious and unassuming; he epitomizes the spirit of the Sprinter Forum.
Thanks Jon!!:thumbup:

I'll bring the pie.

Toolkat1
11-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Jon, your suggestions about getting the EPC subscription were worth their weight in gold. Many Thanks!

Frosty_1
11-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Compilation of Jon's posts=Sprinter Dictionary?? :cheers:

jdcaples
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks John,,, instead of a roast,, how about a roost!

Icarus

As long as I don't have to rule the roost, I'm fine with it.

Thanks, Icarus :)

dukepilot
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks Jon, your contributions here are invaluable and always relevant:thumbup:

glasseye
11-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I said it before and it bears repeating: "Absent this forum, I'd never have bought a Sprinter"

Add me to the chorus of thanks, Jon. :thumbup:

Hooligan
11-10-2011, 03:18 PM
well this is nice to know, Jon is super cool and lives in Seattle! Just an hour and a half away for Port Townsend:bounce:

autostaretx
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Jon is an all-around nice guy who has been willing to spend quite a lot of time, money and effort equipping himself to handle whatever the Sprinter may throw at him.
And then he's gone that extra mile or twelve doing things like maintaining (not cheap) short WIS subscriptions to provide and share that knowledge and tool set with the rest of us.

Listen when he speaks (i sure do)

thanks, Jon
have fun
--dick

wayneskid
11-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Put me down for the roast! I'll gladly help buy the brew. I need an excuse to get away from this :censored: snow and cold anyway. Seattle would provide a nice break. :bounce:

Seriously, my thanks also Jon for all that you contribute here and for the help and encouragement you have given me as I navigate the rocky shoals of Sprinter ownership. :cheers:

And thanks to Bruce for starting this thread. :clapping:

Wayne

Trekker
11-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks Jon! Best forum on the web! :bow:

But I still think this "Jon" is actually a bot, kind of like "Hal" in the movie. A supercomputer built inside of that big Sprinter, churning out answers and witticisms. Do the math......6450 posts in about 4 1/2 years works out to about four posts every day of the year. No human being has that kind of time!!! Or that level and breadth of knowledge!!

Hmmm....no photo of a person, no windows in the van, just that shiny grill in the avatar. It all fits..yes, definitely a supercomputer possessing artificial intelligence. :bounce:

Altered Sprinter
11-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks Jon! Best forum on the web! :bow:

But I still think this "Jon" is actually a bot, kind of like "Hal" in the movie. A supercomputer built inside of that big Sprinter, churning out answers and witticisms. Do the math......6450 posts in about 4 1/2 years works out to about four posts every day of the year. No human being has that kind of time!!! Or that level and breadth of knowledge!!

Hmmm....no photo of a person, no windows in the van, just that shiny grill in the avatar. It all fits..yes, definitely a supercomputer possessing artificial intelligence. :bounce:
Jd is Kool a kat when he's on the skins..there's a live impersonation of him somewhere playing with the skinheads. Richard

Ovalmaster
11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I'll keep it simple. Thanks!:cheers:

1hen2ducks
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Who was that masked man ?

jdcaples
11-11-2011, 03:37 PM
<snip>

Hmmm....no photo of a person, no windows in the van, just that shiny grill in the avatar.

<snip>

Thank you, Trekker...

Sorry to have to shoot down your theory, but this is me:

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144456&postcount=73

There are a few older pics here:

http://www.scarlettarocks.com

The pics are 5 or 6 years old, but I still pretty much look the same.

-Jon

shanemac
11-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all your help Jon, that includes all the private messages too:thumbup:

Aqua Puttana
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
I figured that reviving this thread is an appropriate place to ask my question.

Anyone know if Jon is doing OK? His input seems to have dropped off here. I know that I miss his comments. vic

sikwan
07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
The last I talked to Jon was at the SprinterFest in Oregon. He's fine and doing well at that time.

He mentioned that he was avoiding forums, especially this one, and I can see where he was coming from. Kind of like going cold turkey on an addiction, if you can call it that.

As quoted from It's a Wonderful Life... Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?

Graphite Dave
07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
We do miss Jon's input. I know it took a considerable amount of time but certainly was appreciated. Having a knowledgeable person with access to technical information available to the forum was a great benefit to the members. After a rest, I hope he returns.

Aqua Puttana
07-15-2013, 04:13 PM

He mentioned that he was avoiding forums, especially this one, and I can see where he was coming from. Kind of like going cold turkey on an addiction, if you can call it that.

I can understand that completely. I like to think that helping others is what drives me (and others here too) as to spending probably too much time on this forum, but I must admit that it is somewhat an addiction also. I give my wife a bit of ribbing about her gaming addiction, but I don't go too far with that because I realize my Sprinter-source time leaves me open for return fire.

I can also understand cold turkey as a response. Here's to hoping Jon is doing well and will sometime return as Graphite Dave suggested. :cheers:

While we're on the subject, it seems that Talkinghorse43 hasn't been around for some time either. I trust that he is OK too. Maybe it is a Jon thing time of the year? vic

glasseye
07-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Maybe they're out driving around in their Sprinters, instead of sitting in front of a computer. :cheers:

Aqua Puttana
07-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Maybe they're out driving around in their Sprinters, instead of sitting in front of a computer. :cheers:
Good one!:thumbup:

:laughing:

Generally I can always come up with the money needed to hang around home and find time to sit in front of my computer.

I need to choose more wisely as to how often, to where, and how far I take my Sprinter. :cry:

vic

mean_in_green
07-23-2013, 07:46 AM
It seems to wrong to have a spelling mistake in the title of a thread showing gratitude to someone so particular in his prose!

Aqua Puttana
07-23-2013, 01:54 PM
It seems to wrong to have a spelling mistake in the title of a thread showing gratitude to someone so particular in his prose!
Simon,
I noticed that too. I chalk it up to "It's the thought that counts."

You can even edit the title in your replies if you are so inclined. I often edit spelling misteaks misstakes errors in my replies. I blame it on my parent's constant grammar and spelling corrections when I was younger. It has nothing to do with any type of obsessive personality traits on my part. :rolleyes:

vic

sikwan
07-24-2013, 05:30 PM
The last time I corrected someone's spelling error, I got pwned (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn). :smilewink:

Fixed.