PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance message

cal
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Just bought a Winnebago View on a 2007 3500 View chassis. Love it. I am curious about the message being displayed on the instrument panel. When I first turn on the engine it displays an icon of a single wrench and the code 730d, then clears after a few seconds. The owners manual mentions the "ASSIST" maintenance program and level 1 and 2 maintenance proceedures.
Any ideas where i can get a list of these codes and reset proceedures?

autostaretx
11-07-2011, 09:25 PM
It's spelled ASSYST, and the display is telling you that you are 730 days past the at-least-once-per-year or every 10,000 mile scheduled oil and filter change...
or that the person who was (hopefully) doing them didn't reset the counter when he changed them.

Download the owners manual from http://www.dodge.com/owners/index.html
it will describe the symbols (one wrench is oil change, every third time it'll be two wrenches (fuel and air filter change))
PLUS how to reset them to "10,000 miles to go".

--dick

jdcaples
11-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Just bought a Winnebago View on a 2007 3500 View chassis. Love it. I am curious about the message being displayed on the instrument panel. When I first turn on the engine it displays an icon of a single wrench and the code 730d, then clears after a few seconds. The owners manual mentions the "ASSIST" maintenance program and level 1 and 2 maintenance proceedures.
Any ideas where i can get a list of these codes and reset proceedures?

Single wrench code 730d means you're overdue by 730 days for Single Wrench (Service A). Two wrenches means Service B.

The scope of Service A and B are defined in the owners manual. There's a copy of it on Sprinter-Source in NCV3 Database. It's still available in on the Dodge owners link.

The instructions to reset ASSYST are different for vehicles with steering wheel buttons and those without.

Try this thread. http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8114

Nothing but a scan tool works on my (personal) 2007 Sprinter. A few 2007 owners reported success following the instructions in the thread. I think only one or two of us are unable to reset ASSYST using the steering wheel buttons or the instrument cluster buttons.

-Jon

Amboman
11-08-2011, 03:41 AM
If the previous owner ignored the maintenance message for two years
its possible nothing has happened maintenance wise in three years, which
would indicate action needs to be taken to establish some fluid changes quickly.
Its not unlikely that the van was a rental one as some companies buy
rent & sell very often and may try to push the maintenance cycle knowing
it will be auctioned off in two years time.