T1N Cab Chassis rear cab panel

onthetools1

Hi All, This is my first time posting on a forum but have been scouring the pages looking for where i might be able buy a cabchassis back panel. I am looking at purchasing a 99 model sprinter. I believe it to be a 312D (5cyl with single rear wheels). This car started out as a campervan but was stolen and then recovered minus the camper van.When they did the conversions back then they chopped the rear wall out, now MB supply them without the rear wall. The current owner fitted a solid sheet of metal to the rear of the cab and then fitted a pantec body (i think you americans may call them box bodies). I wish to fit a tray to it but want to restore the cab to original. I was mortified by the price from the local dealer $1300 plus freight from Germany to Australia. My question is A: Is there anywhere in the world where i can buy aftermarket panels or B: Does anyone know the where abouts of a smashed cab chassis? I am writting from Bathurst, Australia.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I'd check the cut out was not past the original OEM body line to refit a new panel
there are wrecks about but someone else can chime in on that one.
1300 dollars seems right:thinking: half cost is freight.:thumbdown: from Mayne Logistics air Singapore Logistics or Germany Logistics holding centers. Plus GST 10%
If marked priority expect to pay more even. PS There is a grey market from Singapore Ring Imparts European .....61 3 947 4677 Melbourne
Richard

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Give them your Vin so part number can be sourced as to your model VW Krafter Sprinters sister by witchcraft is the same ,they can also arrange for secondhand parts,:thinking: well they do in Hobart:thumbup:
Cheers Richard

rbrennick

You know, the factory van cargo bulkhead accessory is the same stamping as the rear
cab chassis panel- you can even get it with a window.
Cheap to buy all over craigslist (craigslist in Austrailia?)
Just not sure how much of your original panel was cut out and whether the bulkhead
will effectively "fill the void."

Just a thought for an inexpensive, factory-look solution...
Rich

onthetools1

at this stage it still has the pantec body on it so i haven,t seen the rear of the cabin yet. As far as i am aware it is a 312D but i am led to believe that they are all the same up until the model change. That pic you posted is that of a 4wd version?

Top Bottom