PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Running Lights

rsedor
09-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Does anyone have any experience with disabling the DRL's on teh 2007 Sprinter? The fuses mentioned below do not exist on the 2007 3500 model.

Thanks

Bob
2008 Winnebago View
built on 2007 Sprinter

Altered Sprinter
09-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Does anyone have any experience with disabling the DRL's on teh 2007 Sprinter? The fuses mentioned below do not exist on the 2007 3500 model.

Thanks

Bob
2008 Winnebago View
built on 2007 Sprinter
Will run a full seperate electrical thread to night, on the layout for batt. relays aux and running lights this will be for 2006 onwards only
Richard

grnikolov
09-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Richard, how about installing DRLs on an 07 that doesn't have any (need to pass inspection)

George

Altered Sprinter
09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Richard, how about installing DRLs on an 07 that doesn't have any (need to pass inspection)

George Hi George I have just down loaded the daytime side lamps, Trying to break this down from the other sections it's all in one huge library so give me a day to separate it OK .
Richard

Altered Sprinter
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
George thesignal id for setting and deactivating is OX 107 C I'm trying to work it out as to where it is the box from hell either fuse box or how it's activated there are two voltages for this one links into the PSM module.
Heck how is any one supposed to fix these out in the back of the woop, woop ifsomething goes wrong?
any one for a group buy on star diognostics:lol:
Richard

jdcaples
09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Heck how is any one supposed to fix these out in the back of the woop, woop if something goes wrong?
any one for a group buy on star diognostics:lol:
Richard

What's a "woop?"

-Jon

The Guru
09-21-2007, 10:26 PM
The coding of day time running lights are activated or deactivated by coding of the EZS control unit, This can only be done by a qualified MB technician using the diagnosic equipment

The switching on of the low beam headlights when the engine is running can also be done using internal functions of the PSM control unit - no hard wiring is required.

jdcaples
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM

Thanks

Bob
2008 Winnebago View
built on 2007 Sprinter

For North American (2007) NCV3 owners, disabling daytime running lights is outlined in the Owners Manual on page 102.

Press the + or - buttons until the "Lighting" submenu appears.
Press the Up or Down arrow buttons repeatedly until you see "Hdlmp. mode" on the display.

You can select "Constant" or "Manual"

I don't know if this really works. I just didn't see the method mentioned in the thread and my Sprinter is 150 miles away from me at the moment.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter
09-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Jons right
I spent some time looking at it the signal activation is is via the Sam module and its not Can activated pin SM-L If you have the full hi line dash it can be activated and deactivated, with the lesser I don't know , then it comes back to Star diagnostics
I would be to freaked out to cut the line and run a separate on off switching relay thinking dash and Christmas lights going into fire work mode:wtf: It's interesting as to how these work with three different on board systems Hi line Low line and bare analog dash systems the US does not have the latter "You have the Toys" but no info:thinking:

Richard

Altered Sprinter
09-22-2007, 08:45 AM
OK we have two tribes on the one thread deactivate and activate
Top one first
Bob are you on a cab chassis or van body?
George you need to add the outer lighting and plug into the existing loom it has to be done via your dealer unless you want to run a stand alone unit activate ID code 0x1050

As Jon stated your manual will let you either do this or not
Thinking 50 States where there are differences ! run full time and other States optional , there may be a possible problem where they are permanently programed to remain on therefore contact dealer to arrange re sequencing lighting modes.

Bob if your Winnie is a cab chassis design then the activation is done by this secondary manufacture not the dealer from where you purchased the unit... if in the latter case and they have set up the PSM SAM activation then they will have to recode this via the can to can SAM digital setup .
Your looking in the wrong place for the fuses anyways.

PS I'm still learning how all of this works, if I have made a mistake, please except my apologies as I still do not have the wirings program to chase down wiring pin codes.. or if it's manipulated by the onboard digital code for activation of pulse codeing?? I have the codes but not the lead , as to where it starts from YET:thinking:
Richard