Oil Leak - Passenger side by radiator - Any ideas?

larpy

I have a 2007 3500 with approximately 84,000 miles. Over the last month there has been dime to quarter size oil drops on my garage floor. The drops occurr every couple of days. Tonight I got off my lazy rear and decided to look where the oil was coming from. I assumed it was a the oil drain plug but when I got underneath the van the oil was coming from the passenger side near the radiator. It is not comng from the dip stick or the oil fill cap. The oil was saturated near the bottom of radiator. I looked but could not find the source so I pressure washed and will monitor. Any ideas?

larpy

I looked at it tody after driving it approximately 50 miles and the oil is dripping again. It is coming from the large rubber hose on the bottom of the passenger side radiator/intercooler. Is this oil comng from the turbo?

glas1700

Without seeing it, my guess would be that it's transmission fluid leaking from the hose that goes to the cooler inside the radiator.

Byron
07 Navion

fishermunn

Art Show Van
i had the same leak and stopped it by tightening the hose clamp. i also found the clamp to the turbo charger loose from the air filter. good thing to just check any and all clamps you can access.
the oil drip stopped and the manifold pressure increased.
lance

larpy

i had the same leak and stopped it by tightening the hose clamp. i also found the clamp to the turbo charger loose from the air filter. good thing to just check any and all clamps you can access.
the oil drip stopped and the manifold pressure increased.
lance
Hi Lance,

I just got back from my shop and saw your post. I did exactly what you just suggested. I will test drive tomorrow and see how it does. I also found several other clamps that needed to be tightened. I did not realize so much oil comes down the rubber intercooler hoses. Thanks for your input!

Top Bottom