2006 manual 5speed transmission swap!

NYC SPRINTERS

Hello everybody what do you think? is this sounds like good idea or not!!! i really really like my 2006 sprinter and want to keep it but what a really don't like it is that ridicules 5sp auto nightmare transmission!!! i know that in Mexico all the sprinters are manual transmission. what i want to do is to drive down to Mexico and find a shop that can do the transformation from auto to manual, i know it can be done a lot of used sprinters from USA have been ship to Ukraine and some of them have been change to manual transmission I'm just wondering if somebody in Mexico could do something like that? I'm not talking just driving to first near town I'm talking big city like Mexico city! i want to do that because i think we will never see a sprinter or ford transit here in USA with manual transmission!

icarus

My guess is that you will have trouble with the electronics with such a swap.

Icarus

Last edited:

johnshmit

I don't think it can be done this way.
You will need flywheel, clutch, housing, transmission itself with all linkage and used engine control module since you wont be able to program manual transmission to your vin number.
Then it will be lot of welding and retrofitting.
It will cost you more then your 2006 Sprinter.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello everybody what do you think? is this sounds like good idea or not!!! i really really like my 2006 sprinter and want to keep it but what a really don't like it is that ridicules 5sp auto nightmare transmission!!! i know that in Mexico all the sprinters are manual transmission. what i want to do is to drive down to Mexico and find a shop that can do the transformation from auto to manual, i know it can be done a lot of used sprinters from USA have been ship to Ukraine and some of them have been change to manual transmission I'm just wondering if somebody in Mexico could do something like that? I'm not talking just driving to first near town I'm talking big city like Mexico city! i want to do that because i think we will never see a sprinter or ford transit here in USA with manual transmission!
Tin can and the Ford transvestite both manual :smilewink:
DSC00802(3) (Custom) copy.jpg
But dammed if I'd want to drive a manual in NYC
Signed 6th gear.
Richard

NYC SPRINTERS

i wish it was as easy as this here is Chevy impala that came with auto transmission and like $2500 or $3000 and you have super Chevy impala with 6 speed manual... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XVVnUHOo3w&feature=related you can do this to Chevy or you can make any Ford mustang from auto to manual!!! the only big problem is there is no parts in USA for this swap! and i don't have a list of what i will need to do it. If i knew what i would need for this swap 100% i would find everything on European eBay!

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
lets hope you dont see a ford transit there,we have millions of that crap pos here.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Your heading for train wreck tour in 2013 and you all want a V6 nuts.
Its a strange strange world you live in master transvestites.
But please forgive me for not wanting to come back to the top end of BC
Selection_point.jpg
Signed hitchhiker anonymous

This post makes me think more and more about a FUSO FG with 6 speed transmission and a service body on the back. I know it's no sprinter, BUT it has nearly everything sprinters don't. It certainly lacks quite a bit of what the sprinter has. :idunno:

Top Bottom