Temperature knob, and the actual temp coming out

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
Hey, Do you guys with your T1N's get selective temperature. As in, if your temp knob is just on the blue (right after the white) does it blow coolish or does it still blow rather warm?

Because even after my cabin filter was changed, (this is according to the dealership) that it wasnt working proper due to it being plugged. Well, since it being changed, I havent noticed anything different.

But if this is a "problem" with all T1N's then I guess I cant complain.

SprinterUSA1

Aztek,

if I remember correctly, mine was blowing warm in the position mentioned by you as well. You almost had to turn it all the way "cold" to get cooler air. But never cranked it all the way "hot" cause it was not needed.

SPrinterUSA1

SprintED

Aztek,

Similar situation on mine...but do notice that if you move it anywhere into the blue zone that the initial temp that comes out at where ever you are on the blue zone will get somewhat cooler if you wait for several minutes. The closer you are to the red the less noticable this effect is.

I usually just whip it to max cold then work my way back until i like what i feel coming out...seems to work better than going the other way.

Ed

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
mine will shoot hot, then almost as hot, then cold (well, it depends on the outside temp for the cold bit :)

But it seems to be a problem with more then one, thus a dealership cant fix the problem, as the problem in the books doesnt exist, and this is how it works. Well, at least something has been resolved ... the question :\

Thanks guys.

D Mann

If I understand my manual the knob is more like a thermostat and will maintain the temp in the cab at the set point by changing the temp of the air discharged from the vents. I just drove from San Antonio to Chicago set the control and did not have to move it. When it was hot outside cold air came out of the vents at night when it was cold warm air came out.

SprinterUSA1

If I understand my manual the knob is more like a thermostat and will maintain the temp in the cab at the set point by changing the temp of the air discharged from the vents. I just drove from San Antonio to Chicago set the control and did not have to move it. When it was hot outside cold air came out of the vents at night when it was cold warm air came out.
You must be talking about the new Sprinter- NCV3. Because the T1N did not have that feature.

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
With the temp knob, on my T1N, and others it seems, on warm days, it blows warm air (taking air from outside) and on cold days, it would blow cold air (this is of course only if the knob is fully down (6'o clock) Oh well, just keep moving the knob from warm to cold depending how I feel at that time.

talkinghorse43

The fully down position turns off the heater (no flow of hot coolant to the heater core), so the air from outside will not be heated. Of course, if the AC is not turned on, the outside air will not be cooled and the dial in the fully down position will not result in cool air from the vents on a warm day.

Top Bottom