PDA

View Full Version : Former mbsprinterdealer ma.

former mbsprinterdealer
10-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Let me first off start by saying sorry. I resigned my position at Flagship Motorcars in July, and took a job as Director of Sales for the Grappone Automotive group in NH. I did this to advance and to spend more time with my young children.

I spent time talking with Steve Langeloti ( my rep) and had hopes that someone would pick up where I left off.

My passwords to everything were changed, and I had again, thought someone would reach out and explain. Sadly none of this happened.

I thought I would check today to see what has transpired, and I realized that no communication was sent out. Some of you feel like I just dropped it, that was not my intention, however I cannot control what happens when I leave and I truly apologize for not sending out a notice. I actually could not.

You all provided many great insights and were a topic of conversation more times than you know. I truly appreciated all of the help, and I am sorry that I could not see this through.

I will call my old rep tommorow and will ask if someone can provide you with the communication and respect that you all so much deserve.

Again, I apologize if it just looks like I took off, I had to abide by some privacy rules, however after reading , I couldn't just go away without saying sorry, and thank you. I had to do what was best for my family, please understand. I wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

Mark

OrioN
10-10-2011, 02:00 AM
There he is.... get him!!!

:smilewink:

Welcome(back) to Hotel Sprinter.

Altered Sprinter
10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Let me first off start by saying sorry. I resigned my position at Flagship Motorcars in July, and took a job as Director of Sales for the Grappone Automotive group in NH. I did this to advance and to spend more time with my young children.

I spent time talking with Steve Langeloti ( my rep) and had hopes that someone would pick up where I left off.

My passwords to everything were changed, and I had again, thought someone would reach out and explain. Sadly none of this happened.

I thought I would check today to see what has transpired, and I realized that no communication was sent out. Some of you feel like I just dropped it, that was not my intention, however I cannot control what happens when I leave and I truly apologize for not sending out a notice. I actually could not.

You all provided many great insights and were a topic of conversation more times than you know. I truly appreciated all of the help, and I am sorry that I could not see this through.

I will call my old rep tommorow and will ask if someone can provide you with the communication and respect that you all so much deserve.

Again, I apologize if it just looks like I took off, I had to abide by some privacy rules, however after reading , I couldn't just go away without saying sorry, and thank you. I had to do what was best for my family, please understand. I wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

Mark Well Mark you left us in a spot but it's OK I still love you heaps:hugs: and thanks for the reason ,it gives us closure. much appreciated.:clapping:
Just enjoy life,as family always comes first.Richard

Altered Sprinter
10-10-2011, 02:12 AM
There he is.... get him!!!
Now now Mark came back and explained his situation, He gets top marks for being who he is..Mark showed integrity, and that commands respect.:clapping:
Oh well back to the drawing board.:rolleyes:
However in saying this , the above thread has since evaporated.....:clapping: Good on ya' O :hugs:
Cheers Richard

OrioN
10-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Now now Mark came back and explained his situation, He gets top marks for being who he is..Mark showed integrity, and that commands respect.:clapping:
Oh well back to the drawing board.:rolleyes:
Cheers Richard

I edited my post... as too not offend... :thumbup:

GUARDSREDCAR
10-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks Mark and best wishes in your future endeavors. I really do appreciate all of your relentless efforts in having MBUSA hear our wishes and needs LOUD and clear....especially our desire to have a US AWD Sprinter (which I still believe is heading our way, perhaps 2013).

I note that Grappone Automotive group in NH is a Ford Dealer - Hey, could you advise us on the availability of All Wheel Drive in the new full sized T-Series Ford Van ?! :laughing:

Andy in NH
10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Welcome to NH! Are you in charge of the Ford, Honda or all the Grapone dealerships?
Had I only known (we purchased a car last week).....

former mbsprinterdealer
10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks Mark and best wishes in your future endeavors. I really do appreciate all of your relentless efforts in having MBUSA hear our wishes and needs LOUD and clear....especially our desire to have a US AWD Sprinter (which I still believe is heading our way, perhaps 2013).

I note that Grappone Automotive group in NH is a Ford Dealer - Hey, could you advise us on the availability of All Wheel Drive in the new full sized T-Series Ford Van ?! :laughing:

Sure. I will see what I can find out

Mark

former mbsprinterdealer
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Welcome to NH! Are you in charge of the Ford, Honda or all the Grapone dealerships?
Had I only known (we purchased a car last week).....

Small world !! Yes I the director of sales for the group
Please stop in and say hi! If I can ever do anything for you please let me know.
Thanks for the business. Mhoch@Grappone.com

doghaus
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Welcome to NH Mark. I live nearby and occasionally stop in to Honda since I have an Element. Please stay in touch.

Dave in NH

autostaretx
10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, Mark.. your previous participation was greatly appreciated...

And you *don't* need to abandon us now... we will all be very interested in Ford's entry into this market in the US.
Having a full-sized "model T" dealer able to answer questions and highlight features (or honestly acknowledge, um, "compromises") would be an asset.

Last i looked, the European Transits only had manual transmissions... i can't see Ford thinking that would fly in the US.
But many of us are wondering (hoping?) that manuals would be available here, too.
As the product line firms up (and we realize that Corporate doesn't tell the dealer network everything early in the game) updates would be avidly read.

thanks, and good luck in NH
--dick
p.s. he didn't say it, so i will: Grappone Automotive: http://www.grappone.com
Bow NH is on the south edge of Concord NH, one short toll-road north of Manchester.
p.p.s. and, if the Transit becomes very popular, he might become a major used-Sprinter outlet!

Llarry
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Yep, Mark is clearly a gentleman and an official Sprinter Source Good Guy!

:bow:

former mbsprinterdealer
10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the kind words

I heard from MB today, and they are going to work on someone to replace me on the forum.

I promise that I will let you know one way or the other what happens.

This was by far this best experience that I have ever had on a forum. Engagment, upbeat, productive and so on. I will miss this group.

:thumbup:

Best,

Mark

avid
10-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Mark,

Sikwan closed your last thread and all I managed to do was add a thanks to his comments. I had already discovered your new place of employment and was intending to contact you to express my gratituce. Not only for your contribution to the Sprinter-Forum but also for your assistance with a issue I had with my MB warranty.

Even if you had never visited here again I though your participation was pivotal during the transition and I am very grateful for it. That you have taken the time to come back shows what a truly stand-up guy your are. Thanks for hanging with us and, at times, listening to hugely undeserved criticism.

Best wishes in your new endeavor and whether MB Sprinter NA knows it or not, it is their huge loss.

David
Ashland, OR

Mr DJ
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I've only 3 words to say to you, Mark: U Da Man! :rad:

Peace

Mr DJ

former mbsprinterdealer
11-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Well it's been a month and I have not heard from anyone willing to take over.

If I were you. I would ask one of your dealers to engage; it's really crazy and I don't understand why more dealers are not engaged. It's their loss.

Your a great group and I wish you all the best,

Happy Thanksgiving

Mark Hoch

autostaretx
11-24-2011, 12:22 AM
it's really crazy and I don't understand why more dealers are not engaged.
Back when i bought my Sprinter in 2005, i asked my salesman about that...
And he said that he had been online (not here), but there are periodic "flame sessions" which eventually beat him down.
Your experience here was different since you, Mark, were very proactive and positive.
You believed in the brand and service, and you actively solicited and carried our "wish lists" and concerns to MBUSA.

good luck, Happy Thanksgiving..
--dick

larry8061
11-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Mark:

Apparently this all transpired before I was active on the list. I am happy to hear that you made some good decisions for yourself and things are going well. I am also impressed you had the integrity to come and explain yourself - thanks.

I do have a question if, you have the inclination. Did MBUSA actually, as in ACTUALLY give a crap about the single owner end user or was it smoke and mirrors?

That you haven't been "replaced" on this list shouldn't be seen as their lack of interest?

Have a god Thanksgiving yourself!!

Larry

former mbsprinterdealer
11-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Mark:

Apparently this all transpired before I was active on the list. I am happy to hear that you made some good decisions for yourself and things are going well. I am also impressed you had the integrity to come and explain yourself - thanks.

I do have a question if, you have the inclination. Did MBUSA actually, as in ACTUALLY give a crap about the single owner end user or was it smoke and mirrors?

That you haven't been "replaced" on this list shouldn't be seen as their lack of interest?

Have a god Thanksgiving yourself!!

Larry

To answer you questions yes. Any other answer to the contrary would mean that I did not tell the truth. Which I believe you all know is not the case. I believe that you are wondering if the factory was giving me ' lip service'. The answer is no. The Gm of sprinter in the US ( Clauss Tritt) is a person of great passion and integrity; I had many conversations about this group with him. He very much appreciated the information and enthusiasm.
I am sure someone will ' step up ' soon. And continue communications with your group. To not do so would be an absolute shame.
Best
Mark

larry8061
12-03-2011, 01:05 AM
I have been thinking about this....... and this is what crossed my mind.

What is the percentage of revenue for Daimler world wide of the North American Sprinter sales? I am betting (and I am sure the number exists somewhere) that isn't a huge number. Then take out the "fleet sales" for say UPS, FedEX.......... the number would get radically smaller. Then take out the conversion units (which probably isn't large number either) and then finally any fleet sales of 10 units or more which now gets to the kind of sales represented on this list. End users in North America, for the most part. I am betting that is a rather small decimal point of a percent of their revenues.

So just using logic why would Daimler care about any opinions on here? Let alone that there isn't anyone on here and; have the electronics gotten "better" (i.e. less) or worse?

I truly can't imagine Daimler caring at all about what the opinions shared on this list are.

Just a thought,

Larry

Aqua Puttana
12-03-2011, 01:59 AM
I truly can't imagine Daimler caring at all about what the opinions shared on this list are.

Just a thought,

Larry
Larry,
Just using bottom line numbers you may be right, but I'm naive enough to think that there's more to it than just that.

These days any market is worth cultivating and holding on to. I also think that there are many MB employees who do still have pride in their product and just want to generally do a good job. Will everything that is said on this forum prompt some sort of action? Certainly not. Can it have some impact? As I said earlier, I'm naive enough to think that it may. Perhaps for as simple a concept as people just liking to help other people out. Just my opinion. vic

larry8061
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I am with you 100% on the helping your fellow man out and particularly on this list. I just think with all the carping (justified in my mind) of the LHM SOMEONE from corporate would at least step up and explain why it is SO dramatically and "severely" programmed such.

Larry

avid
12-04-2011, 12:00 AM
If you check out RV parks you would see how Sprinter chassis conversions are becoming more and more common. Other RVs are leaving trails of Benjamins fluttering behind them like so many leaves. If fuel stays this dear expect this segment of the Sprinter business to continue expanding.

larry8061
12-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Ok and point taken....... it is also the van of choice on the dog show circuit. Now take all the Sprinter vans at dog shows and all the Sprinters at RV parks and it still may not add up to what FedEx buys at ONE TIME from MB.

Larry

Then add up what is sitting on a Ford chasis and it is still not a huge number. I tihnk I heard that Ford sells an F series truck every 3 seconds of every hour of every day. AND no one still knows why the ECU is programmed so severely........

Mb sprinter Hartford
09-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Well

Seeing that no one has stepped up; I decided to return to Mercedes!
( Mark Hoch / General Manager/ New Country Motorcars/ Hartford Ct/ mhoch@newcountry.com)

Well ; there was more that went into it; :thumbup:

Bottom line I am happy to be back. Did I miss anything??

I thought by now you would all be driving 4x4's - :thumbup:

Probably a sore spot- I would agree: apparently it's stalled; but not dead:

Anything pressing or a hit topic I can dig into?

Looking forward to getting back in touch

Ps. I don't job hop- so I plan on being around for awhile :thumbup:Otherwise I wouldn't have moved to a state with so many Yankees fans:thumbup:

Best
Mark

Altered Sprinter
09-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Well

Seeing that no one has stepped up; I decided to return to Mercedes!
( Mark Hoch / General Manager/ New Country Motorcars/ Hartford Ct/ mhoch@newcountry.com)

Well ; there was more that went into it; :thumbup:
What went round , came on back around .'That's double dutch for 'Daimler'

Seriously:thinking:...Not really.'
I thought by now you would all be driving 4x4's - :thumbup:
Too late,Daimler lost it's mojo.

Probably a sore spot- I would agree: apparently it's stalled; but not dead:
Up-dating a local is building them 4x4's stateside:shhh:
Anything pressing or a hit topic I can dig into?
7G-triponc G42 and the 416 manuals are coming your way as soon, as 'Daimler' can spare>>> some rejects.
Looking forward to getting back in touch
Welcome back to the never ending story of the Sprinters in our lives.:thumbup:

Ps. I don't job hop- so I plan on being around for awhile :thumbup:Otherwise I wouldn't have moved to a state with so many Yankees fans:thumbup:
I know of a kangaroo that did the hop, but the witchdoctor thew a boomerang and at him and now he's back to square one. so much for hop scotch.

I guess when you love playing with Americans , it's kind of like playing with the Hurricanes at Utah.
Best
Mark
Welcome back Mark :clapping: As stated! 'what goes round, comes back on around'.
Your hooked on Classics, just like I am.
Cheers Richard

mendonsy
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome back Mark! :bounce:
Looks like about the only thing New Country doesn't sell is GM.

sprintguy
09-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Welcome back Mark ... Hope all is well . Good luck with the new position , it was always a pleasure working with you .

Carl

jdcaples
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
<snip>
<snip>

Welcome back, Mark.

What you missed: OrioN is suffering from pie withdrawal symptoms.
John Bendit rolled is own 4x4 solution.
Vic got us a new "dripping with sarcasm" emoticon.
Oh, and yesterday afternoon some guy tackled two teenagers as they walked around a lake couple of blocks from my house. The attacker then jumped in the water, stripped down to nothing and evaded capture by cops on land, cops in boats and cops in dive gear for something like an hour and a half. It's not a big lake and there isn't a lot of "cover" on the shores. It was pretty comical to watch if you could forget the fact that he injured two teenagers who did nothing to provoke his assult.

There. I think you're caught up now.

-Jon