Hands free phone

Propwash

this is what i have gotten from freightliner so-far

Completing Hands-Free Phone System

On VB Sprinter with Sales Code XFV

(Pre-Fittings for Hands-Free Phone)

Discussion

The pre-fittings for hands-free phone (sales code XFV) include all components for the hands-free phone system except for the electronic control unit (ECU) and the cradle holding the cellular phone. Both can be retrofitted. The ECU is generic and fits all applications whereas the cradle has to be chosen to fit the customer’s cellular phone. There is also a Bluetooth interface available which can be installed instead of using a regular cradle.

Parts

68040761AA Control Module, hands-free phone

68040614AA MHI Cradle Nokia 6230

68040615AA MHI Cradle Motorola SLVR L7

68040616AA MHI Cradle V330 / V551 / V557 / V600

68040617AA MHI Cradle Motorola RAZR V3 / V3i

68040417AA MHI Cradle Motorola V710 / E815

68040380AA Bluetooth Interface Module, only recommended for:

Motorola V330 / V551 / V557 / E815 / V710 / SLVR L7 / RAZR V3 V3c V3m V3i / PEBL U6 / ROKR E1 / KRZR K1m

LG Electronics VX8100 VX9800

Blackberry 7250 7290 7100g 8700g 8703v

Kyocera Strobe

Installation Procedure

1 Disconnect the battery master switch next to the accelerator pedal

2 Remove glove box

3 Pre-install control module on bracket

4 Install bracket with control module on bar behind the glove box

5 Re-install glove box

6 Re-connect battery master switch

7 Connect StarScan / StarMobil to vehicle

8 Go to Radio > Misc Funcs > AGW Initialization

9 Add HFM to the MOST BUS by selecting either “HFM only” if no other component is configured yet or "CDC then HFM" if a CD-Changer is configured already

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The attached PDF contains the same information as above, but with pictures.

Background: In North America (2007), one may order a hands-free option with a new NCV3.

At least one vehicle - properly ordered to include the "hands free telephone options" - exists.

However that vehicle arrived w/o the Electronic Control Unit for hands free hardware. Further, there is no wired or wireless interface to the telephone system (bluetooth or cradle/physical place to plug in the mobile phone).

-Jon

Attachments

anomaly

I've been on a bit of a quest to find out what it would take to equip my 2007 van with a handsfree option.

The dealer, while quite willing to help, has not had enough access to information to be helpful.

Essentially, what I've learned thus far is
  1. The basic "Sound 5" stereo has the ability to mute when a call comes in, but does not appear to be capable of redirecting telephone audio through the stereo speakers. Requires an "Aux In" adapter from Becker which supports line-in to the stereo as well as "telephone mute." For what it's worth, the US Becker people don't seem to have much knowledge about this South African-built stereo, so I guess my next step is to contact Becker South Africa. :)
  2. While "telephone connection" is an option for the '07 wagon, there is not a retrofit kit available to make that work. I'd have to have had the PDF posted above to give me the data about some of the parts to order, plus even more parts, apparently. (wiring harness, microphone, ??)
  3. The buttons on the "luxury steering wheel" which allow you to answer and hang up the phone communicate using the CAN protocol, so in oder to use those buttons with a non-factory system, you'd need to find a CAN adapter which could convert CAN to whatever interface your 3rd party hands-free system uses. As best I can tell, those buttons will never be useful to me. :cry:

At this point, I'm leaning toward picking a GPS nav system with bluetooth integration and perhaps using the telephone mute feature, depending on the level of hacking/hassle required.

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen

At this point, I'm leaning toward picking a GPS nav system with bluetooth integration and perhaps using the telephone mute feature, depending on the level of hacking/hassle required.

I believe that "The Aftermarket" - (which amounts to vaporware at this point) and its generalized history of superior innovation and service execution - has a better chance of delivering satisfaction than the Organizations licensed to provide, sell and service North American Sprinters.

-Jon

anomaly

Agreed. Still looking for an aftermarket device which will allow my iPod to emulate a CD changer for the factory stereo so I can continue to use the steering wheel controls. I've got emails out to a couple of vendors. I'll post more when I have more info.

Top Bottom