Towing with a T1N 118" passenger short / short

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hello,

Does anyone have experience towing with a 118" short / short Sprinter. I would like to haul a 6 x 12 cargo trailer with 5000lb of weight in it. Is this wheel base okay to tow such a size / weight trailer?

This is a 2006 T1N with step bumper

Thanks for any tips,

Tibor

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello,

Does anyone have experience towing with a 118" short / short Sprinter. I would like to haul a 6 x 12 cargo trailer with 5000lb of weight in it. Is this wheel base okay to tow such a size / weight trailer?

This is a 2006 T1N with step bumper

Thanks for any tips,

Tibor
dead weight with brakes for the stand alone swb unit engine capacity has nothing to do with it.
trailer load with brakes 2000 KG = 4409.245 LBs if you put on a heavier hitch that is rated 10.000 LBs then you can do it on the ball weight not much more though, it would pay to put on air lift or level ride to keep it level , that is both the van and the trailer.
Richard

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
so many questions....;-)

What's the trailer weigh?
Is 5000Lbs. inclusive?
Is 5000lbs an estimated cargo weight?
How much cargo in the van itself?
Aren't the passenger versions sprung slightly lighter?

You'll likely have to lose the step bumper, there are hitches made but at the cost of some load I believe.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
5000 lb trailer with cargo, and 1000 lb in the van, so about 10,000- 11,000 lb for everything heading down the road!

dbarr

Just finish 2 trips from Knoxville TN to San Antonio TX towing 6' x 16' enclosed cargo trailer (2500lbs trailer weight) with 3500 lbs of cargo. My 2002 158" 2500 averaged 14 mpg at 70 mph. Truck ran great but long grades will slow you down a bit.

Top Bottom