automatic unlock

I just have to vent a little. The sprinter automatically locks when you hit a given speed, why can't we have an option to automatically unlock when I shift back to park? It is frustrating every time I get out and walk to the back doors only to find them locked!

BBlessing

61k happy miles
I have tried to shut off the auto lock but for some reason the only thing that I can get to not auto lock is the front doors. I have tried both the deactivation sequences in the manual, one for entire vehicle and one for just the back doors and slider with no luck. The rear doors and slider always auto lock.
that is strange, the first thing i did was disable the auto lock using the procedure in the owners manual.

bb

Well after several days of trying to turn off the automatic lock I think I finally got it to stay off. I had to go thru the steps about 8 or 9 times but it seems to finally have taken hold and stayed in the off mode now. :thumbup:

what was odd was it would work for a while (like the first time I started it after reprogramming) but it was like when I shut it off, the next time I started the van it would revert back to auto locking. Anyway, seems to be working now.

wuli master

why can't we have an option to automatically unlock when I shift back to park?

This is my question! Auto-lock while driving is a good safety feature, but I want all the doors unlocked when I put it in park. Seems I'm always locked out somewhere from the vehicle. Drives me nuts. Anyone know how to auto unlock on putting into park?

Also, would love it if the fob unlocked ALL doors at once like a regular vehicles. Any ideas on that one? Thanks!

WPJ

This is my question! Auto-lock while driving is a good safety feature, but I want all the doors unlocked when I put it in park. Seems I'm always locked out somewhere from the vehicle. Drives me nuts. Anyone know how to auto unlock on putting into park?

Also, would love it if the fob unlocked ALL doors at once like a regular vehicles. Any ideas on that one? Thanks!
Wuli master.

If you have a psm, this is a simple change..

pfflyer

I wished I had your problem auto locks that work like they were enginereed to. I have to go around and make sure eveything is locked when I use the fob. I have another post that describes this in more detail and I am still trying to solve. But I solve your issue with my spare key fob with house and storage shed keys clipped to my belt loop. That way when she is warming up and all doors are locked(mine lock at start) I use the spare set to unlock cargo bay and shed doors to load up while she warms up. This also come in handy when I have to come back home when I forget my wallet or phone (happens more than I want to admit). I dont have to shut the van down just to run in the house for a second. Also comes in handy when I take it in for service (also happens more than I want to admit). I just leave the single key with the shop.

Good luck

WPJ

I wish we could change the ezs to allow windows auto up when you lock tha sprinter. But apparently you can't have that in nafta....probably From tue law suits from stupid people we had a discussion about that a long time ago.

Geek

Just a guess.. but liability defaulting on the side of safety?

Not everyone lives in Mayberry. First time someone got jacked in traffic in Compton or Detroit... Mercedes would get sued over the fact the van auto-unlocked the doors so the jacker could get in.
Same goes for theft... van auto-unlocks and the vehicle gets robbed or stolen.

WPJ

Yes but if it is an option which is default on to safer side, but let the owner choose how his van works

Top Bottom