help needed!2500,2006, hc,150000mls.

atti

i have a problem with my front suspension.so far i changed the following parts:schock absorbers whith bushings,ball joints,tie rods,sway bar bushings,link bushings,wheel bearings.the lower control arm bushings are ok.still have a clanking noise driving on small bumps.do i have to replace the LEAF SPRING as well?anyone knows what the problem might be?thanks

anyone knows what the problem might be?thanks
First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum.

There was one post where someone said they thought that they had a front suspension clunk. Doktor A traced it to the side door needing adjustment. I thought my rear doors were rattling and that traced to my side door. Sometimes it's difficult to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from.

Have you checked your exhaust manifold, pipes, etc.? Sometimes exhaust system parts being loose will clank or clunk. Good luck. vic

cahaak

On my van, which is a passenger, there are dual leaf springs. I had a clank. Turns out that there was a missing rubber bumper pad that fits over the end of the lower leaf spring that keeps the top spring from clanging down on it over bumps and so on. This was on the rear of my vehicle, not sure on the front. Looked and mine was missing. Found the part on the parts diagram and ordered from the dealer. $5 part. Installed with the help of a little oil to get it to slide over the end of the leaf spring and all is well.

Chris

Texadelphia2006

Check the lower control arm bushings (front of vehicle) these will make a clunking noise as well-even though many folks will "miss-diagnose" them as bad ball joints.

I am debating on weather I will be replacing just the bushings - original Lemforder one's are about $6 each, on my Aunt's 2006 or just going the easy route and doing the complete control arm.

You can easily check the condition of the control arm bushing for excess play with a pry bar - raise one wheel or two (safety first please).

Have a great weekend.

Texadelphia2006

Check the lower control arm bushings (front of vehicle) these will make a clunking noise as well-even many folks will "miss-diagnose" them as bad ball joints.

I am debating on weather I will be replacing just the bushings - original Lemforder one's are about $6 each, on my Aunt's 2006 or just going the easy route and doing the complete control arm.

You can easily check the condition of the control arm bushing for excess play with a pry bar - raise one wheel or two (safety first please).

Have a great weekend.

Top Bottom