PDA

View Full Version : Product: Sprinter Diagnostic Assistant

jdcaples
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Sprinter Diagnostic Assistant (http://www.sprintersoft.com/Product_home.htm) is made by Advanced Diagnostic Systems, marketer of vehicle diagnostics and electronic systems.

Over the this last weekend, I asked about the timeline for NCV3 support by SDA.

SDA product specifications are listed on the North American Distributor website (http://www.nexiq.com/Catalog/product_detail.asp?GID=5&item_id=109).

Below is the exchange, verbatim.

-Jon

My Question

What is the current estimate for product support for the NCV3 - North American (2007) Freightliner Sprinter? Thanks

Their answer

Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:32 PM
To: Jon Caples
Subject: Your inquiry about the Sprinter Diagnostic Assistant

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your email inquiry. Our US distributor, NEXIQ Technologies, will be announcing NCV3 coverage within the next few weeks. When the information about the updated coverage is announced, all specifications will be found on www.nexiq.com . Coverage of vehicle systems should be at the same level as the OEM scan tool, but with the “user-friendliness” of our current SDA product.

Thank you,
SDA Support Team

Altered Sprinter
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
How much Jon? from US.2500 I'll bet.
Richard

jdcaples
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
How much Jon? from US.2500 I'll bet.
Richard

I didn't ask. The StarSCAN tool was over USD $4300.00 last time I checked. The StarSCAN tool is necessary to perform such tasks as replacing a fuel injector. The price of the StarSCAN tool will probably come down considerably in the next few years, if history repeats itself.

The aftermarket will probably provide more cost-effective alternatives and price-reduction pressure too; albeit at a glacial pace, when compared to tools available for newer generations of PowerStroke, Cummins and Duramax engines.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter
09-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks Jon
Expensive more than the DRB but multi purpose for other engine diagnostic managements systems unless that includes add-on software at extra cost?
Good info though Jon!:thumbup: your sure seek out the vitals
Richard.