03 engine on 06 body. Possible?

MafiaBoy

I am buying an 03 2500 158" with a rusty body. Very cheap tho. I can do the work to repair the rust by myself. However I found an excellent condition stripped 06 sprinter that has nothing under the hood. What If I simply swap the engine? i have experience removing small engines and somewhat mechanically skilled. Would an 03 engine fit the 06 body? Is there anything that is different besides intakes?

mendonsy

I suspect it would fit, but I doubt that is the real issue. There are a lot of differences between the 02-03 and 04-06 which would cause you problems. The Sprinter electronics would certainly be the biggest issue. :2cents:

Would an 03 engine fit the 06 body?
The engine will bolt in.

Is there anything that is different besides intakes?
It's nothing like putting a 1970's 327 engine where a 283 once lived. I know both the engine and body electronics are different so that will figure in. There are threads here where Sprinter engines have been swapped into non-Sprinter vehicles so anything is possible, but I suspect that in the end it will not be worth the effort unless you just enjoy doing such things.

Call or PM Doktor A or Waynerodd for more details. They are two here on the forum who are familiar with installing engines. Have fun. vic

Top Bottom