Towing with a View

dlhontheroad

Just got a 2011 View and would appreciate hearing from anyone who tows with a Sprinter-based RV. I am looking for something that I can flat tow with my View and would welcome suggestions/experiences with specific vehicles. thanks.

atulin

thanks. I was looking at the new Fiat, the Cooper, and the smart twofor (don't know if I can stand that small).
We have an '03 mini cooper S we ordered new and it's a great car. We have the nav and other options and haven't had any problems with the exception of a cracked windshield. The smart is a joke for the money. I haven't driven the 500 but it sounds pretty gutless in the reviews. For my money, I'd by a used cooper S for $15k all day long.

Mrdi

Cooper is a great car.
Mini Cooper with manual transmission 2,524/1,145 lbs/kg automatic transmission with Steptronic 2,557/1,160 lbs/kg

Fiat: The curb weight for a base model 2011 Fiat 500c is 2,486 lbs
Miata: MX-5 Miata Weight at 2200 Pounds. August 9, 2010

I'd certainly rather putz around in a Mini than a Fiat, but for sidetrips the Miata has the fun factor and weighs 350 lbs less..

Last edited:

claudalfa

Car Crazy
We are towing a 2012 Honda Fit Sport automatic transmission and it is perfect behind the View

2008 24J Diesel

donovanal

I am towing a 2011 Honda Fit Sport with a manual trans. It pulls fine behind my 2007 24J View Motorhome. I choose the standard trans because the automatic trans manual limits the max mph at 65. I also use a Roadmaster braking system.

2blueranger

Just purchased new 2012 Ford Fiesta to tow behind our Four Winds. Have not had the plate installed yet. From what I've read, it should do well. It drives great and is supposed to get 39 MPG.

sailquik

How much does your new Fiesta weigh?
Are you planning to "flat tow" it (all 4 Fiesta wheels on the ground)
or on a dolly?
The Fiesta is front wheel drive?
The "plate" goes under the Fiesta.....? or the back of your View?
Did Winnebago install the factory towing package?
Or was the towing package installed at the MB factory?
If you are going to use a dolly under the front of the Fiesta, do you
plan to have electric brakes on the dolly?
Knowing this will help us give you much better answers.
Roger

Davydd

I parked next to a View in a campground that was towing a Smartfor2 flat. The owner was satisfied in my brief discussion with him.

IslandGuy

Just purchased a 98 Chevy Tracker 4wd 5sp that I am setting up to tow behind my 10 View (08 Chassis). Weighs 2400 lbs. Previous owner towed it behind his Four Winds Chateau MH for over 60k miles.

henryn

Anyone tow a Colorado Crew Cab? or something heavier then what has been posted.....
I flat tow a 2011 Chev. Malibu. Have over 10,000 miles without a problem. Usually start the car in the morning to let it run for about 15 minutes, while setting up for towing and off we go.:2cents:

B_Mac

We just picked up a Scion IQ. Curb Weight 2,127lbs. Toyota Quality with back seats. Fits on Master Tow dolly fine, no ground clearance issues. Will be towing with a new Itasca Navion IQ soon and will report more.

okpete

Do you have electric brakes, and did you have to do anything to tow with a dolly?
Hello,
I tow a 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2 dr behind a Pleasureway plateau rb and use a ready brute elite tow bar with built in brake. Surge type. Love this set up. Simple and one of the more economical choices. Plus ,you do not need to interrupt the integrity of your coach or car systems. You will find that a dolly is a bit of a pain. Also adds unnecessary weight. People I've chatted with that have the small c mercedes were underpowered when they towed the 4 dr Jeep Wrangler. The 2 dr is around 3400 pds. Hopes this helps.
Pete

Butch50

Butch
I tow a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek. Weighs around 3100#. It is a 5 speed manual. In the Subaru you have to have a manual trans in the newer ones as the auto is a CVT and is not 4 down towable.

We just got our units all set up to tow and went for a 5 day little jaunt around the local area. We traveled up and down some pretty good grades and the View handled it great. We have a Buddy Brake Stealth braking system and a Roadmaster Falcon All-Terrain tow bar.

Top Bottom