PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Rear Speakers

brassarl
08-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Wondering if anyone has had any issues with rear speakers with a mind of their own. Mine seem to work and not work without any intervention. I've taken panels off where the sattelite radio used to be, all checks ok, connections seem okay at the back of the Pioneer deck that I installed.

The original was removed by previous owner using sidecutters to cut off the factory plug between battery and radio:bash:. I've double and triple checked the connections, all seem good.

I do have a VOM, but what settings to use??

Thanks in advance for any help.

brassarl
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM
The mystery of intermittent rear speakers.... last winter I finally got fed up enough to buy new ones. The problem immediately went away. No more having to bash the speaker grilles to get sound!!

Aqua Puttana
04-26-2013, 01:11 PM
The mystery of intermittent rear speakers.... last winter I finally got fed up enough to buy new ones. The problem immediately went away. No more having to bash the speaker grilles to get sound!!
The forum wasn't much help with this one for you.

Did the new speakers need different connectors fitted? It seems odd that both rear speakers would have an internal loose connection to cause the problem?

vic