Hanger bearing 68088734AA

shanemac

Ok i decided to order a new hanger bearing 68088734AA ($391.00), mine has been getting nosier the last 3 months, its a scraping and squeaking noise the scrape seems to occur more if i turn sharp onto a side street. Anyways i will probably leave this job for the dealer to do...i know kinda weird i ordered the part seeing van is warranty takes less convincing if i have the part on my front seat ready for them to install i hate the bull$h!t.

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Christ and I thought Aussie parts were dear, that's expensive.:bash:
Why in the world didn't you bring one in from the cold..UK half the price.
Richard

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
If you can have the dealer give you the old hanger bearing and support, I will pay you to ship it to me. With a little bit of design time I should be able to design a replacement with a common off the shelf sealed bearing. That way we could eliminate the drive line problems by replacing the drive shaft with relubable American made u-joints and a standard bearing in a custom hanger support. Since Mercedes does not issue recalls for failures due to design errors, we will have to correct their errors.

NBB

It kind of looks like he has the updated bearing with the dust seals. If not, one should go get this per the MB official specs in another thread detailing how to retrofit the newer bearing with cover to the older driveshaft.

Seems genuinemercedesparts.com (I looked again...) has this bearing for ~$200. Not sure about the other small parts in the pic above.

Chandlerazman

To begin with, the stock bearing is very puny by design. I remember having mine replaced when the advisor let me hold the offending removed bearing. It must have weighed in at about 10oz or less than that of a full soda pop can. This is more of a light duty part made for a car than a cargo van. Disappointing to say the least.

AlbertaBear

shanemac.

I have been trying to diagnoze a noisy drive- driveline- tires to my self for the last few months. What you have described is very likely my problem too, thanks.

NBB

I had noise that seemed to be coming from between the seats, slightly back. I did a search here and brought a MB procedure posted by Jon to the MB dealer, describing a retrofit to a covered bearing. 2007, 2008 bearing is open to dirt. Lots of failures in the forum. Covered by warranty. 2008, 18k miles at the time, maybe 30-50 miles of dirt roads. Good luck,

Last edited:

Top Bottom