PDA

View Full Version : My "Low Tire Pres" light is on and the pressure is good?

verojohn
08-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I had the "Low Tire Pressure" light come on a few days ago and I checked the tires. They are all exactly 65 psi. How do I get the light off, short of a dealer trip? They are about 35 miles away and I hate dealers!!!!!!

TYIA ;) :D

tab380
08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Mine did the same thing, I checked the decal on the door frame for the proper air psi and it said 70 psi cold rear & 47 psi cold front. I added air to that psi and the light stopped and has not returned.:professor:

ewxlt
09-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Mine did the same thing, I checked the decal on the door frame for the proper air psi and it said 70 psi cold rear & 47 psi cold front. I added air to that psi and the light stopped and has not returned.:professor:

70 in the rear? Is that WITH or WITHOUT a full load?

tab380
09-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Thats with a full load but it is what the recommended tire pressure is according to the decal on the door frame.

kendall69
09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Mine is doing the same thing. I upped the pressure to 70 all around and it's still on. Is there a reset?

jdcaples
09-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I didn't see anyone mention this....

On page 210 of my 2007 Owners Manual, it says "It is the driver's responsibility to calibrate the TPMS on the recommended cold inflation pressure."

Recalibration instructions are on page 214.

Note the text seems to call it "Reactivation" and "calibration" w/o an obvious reason (it's not obvious to me, anyway).

If you all did this already, um, I'm sure someone else will offer guidance. G'luck!

-Jon

kendall69
09-02-2007, 03:21 AM
I just did "something" with the plus and minus buttons and KEY ON - it reset the tire pressure light and it is now off.
The directions in the manual were of no help.
I pushed the M button and then the plus button and it went out

bigblueox
09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I recently dropped my pressure from 70 psi all four wheels down to the in-door pressures...47psi front 70psi rear. Rides much more smoothly. Mileage is the same. Need to reset as per above instructions or the warning will stay lit. Hit the -0- reset button and the +. Bang. It is reset and warning light should go out.

verojohn
09-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Mine did the same thing, I checked the decal on the door frame for the proper air psi and it said 70 psi cold rear & 47 psi cold front. I added air to that psi and the light stopped and has not returned.:professor:Mine has the same pressures and I'll add some to the rear and let some out of the front and see if that helps.