seats

does anyone now the difference when ordering a new
sprinter the difference between regular seat, luxury bucket
seats, comfort seat, suspension seats.

i see listings on various order forms and conflicting info.

i think some say comfort and are refering to luxury bucket

any thoughts would be appreciated

gerry:thinking:

ELJEFE

Lord of Immortality
My 07 wagon has, as stated on sticker, [under the 22B package - 1375.00]:

Luxury Bucket Driver's Seat [and pass.]
Driver seat Comfort Headrest "

They have height adjustment, base cushion tilt [front raises and lowers] , reclining back, lumbar adjustment [lower back support]

The 22B was an absolute option for me! Plus there's lots of good stuff in the 22B like cruise control, rear wipers, lighting, locking glove box, etc., etc.

Very happy with seats thus far, altho am adding 2" of height to driver side.

I put sheep covers on mine and they are now even more comfy and supportive!

A pair of these seats just went for 300.00 on Ebay!

elJ:thumbup:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
does anyone now the difference when ordering a new
sprinter the difference between regular seat, luxury bucket
seats, comfort seat, suspension seats.

i see listings on various order forms and conflicting info.

i think some say comfort and are refering to luxury bucket

any thoughts would be appreciated

Hi Gerry,

In placing my own 2007 Freightliner 144" 2500 Cargo order, I was unable to get a firm grip on the differences between all the seats, with the exception of the suspension seat (which was really obvious).

I recall the impression that the differences were trivial - if not altogether insignificant - from my point of view.

I recommend consulting with the "Special Equipment Book," mapping the sales codes to the description and perhaps a visit to a dealership to see them in person.

-Jon

jon,

the special equipment book is what caused me the problem in the first place. there is no mention of luxury bucket. it just
says comfort seat. there is also a listing for the suspension
seat.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
jon,

the special equipment book is what caused me the problem in the first place. there is no mention of luxury bucket. it just
says comfort seat. there is also a listing for the suspension
seat.

The text in the special equipment book doesn't map to the descriptions in the websites. Only the sales codes are universal.

When I was putting together my order, this is what I did.

I would take an option like you mention:

For instance, this:

LUXURY BUCKET DRIVER SEAT -inc: driver seat comfort headrest code: CDD $160

LUXURY BUCKET PASSENGER SEAT -inc: passenger seat comfort headrest code: CDY $160

Then I would look up CDD and CDY in the Special Equipment Book and discover that it says,

Comfort driver’s seat with fore/aft adjustment (259 millimetres [10.2 inches]), 45° backrest adjustment,
height adjustment (approximately 58 millimetres [2.3 inches]), cushion angle adjustment (+/– 2.5°) and
a manual lumbar support. The upholstery is the same as for the standard driver’s seat.

So what's the problem; are you unable to find all a blank quote listing all of the codes?

-Jon

The text in the special equipment book doesn't map to the descriptions in the websites. Only the sales codes are universal.

When I was putting together my order, this is what I did.

I would take an option like you mention:

For instance, this:

LUXURY BUCKET DRIVER SEAT -inc: driver seat comfort headrest code: CDD $160

LUXURY BUCKET PASSENGER SEAT -inc: passenger seat comfort headrest code: CDY $160

Then I would look up CDD and CDY in the Special Equipment Book and discover that it says,

Comfort driver’s seat with fore/aft adjustment (259 millimetres [10.2 inches]), 45° backrest adjustment,
height adjustment (approximately 58 millimetres [2.3 inches]), cushion angle adjustment (+/– 2.5°) and
a manual lumbar support. The upholstery is the same as for the standard driver’s seat.

So what's the problem; are you unable to find all a blank quote listing all of the codes?

-Jon
jon-

if i remember correctly, you ordered from freightliner.

do they list as codes? i've been using dodge website.

thanks, gerry:thumbup:

ps. the special equpment manual says you can get swivels codes cds and ctj. do you
know if thats correct

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
jon-

if i remember correctly, you ordered from freightliner.

do they list as codes? i've been using dodge website.

thanks, gerry:thumbup:

ps. the special equpment manual says you can get swivels codes cds and ctj. do you
know if thats correct
I'm sorry Gerry, I don't know happen to know - from first hand info - if swivels are included in cds and ctj.

I did order from Freightliner - Portland Freightliner in Oregon.

I just created a mythical vehicle using Freightliner's eQuip web application. No codes are provided.

The only places that have codes are websites run by dealership-contracted service providers like Motorwebs. What is this?

Dealerships have provided vehicle data - sales codes etc - to a business like "Motorwebs" who then throw up a website that window shoppers can use to put together a pretend vehicle order.

Dealerships pay some amount of money for the service and thus websites like http://www.sprintercenter.com are born.

I stumbled upon these contracted websites - no affiliation with Daimler, Dodge etc - and noticed that their content the includes the sales codes.

What this provides: option description - code - MSRP

What it doesn't provide: anything actionable

Attached are a couple of samples

-Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

blakej59

Have 2007 144" with Luxury Seats (both driver and passenger). Lowered seats are still to high for my wife to be comfortable. She's nearly on her tip-toes. Also, when lowered all the way, the fore-aft adjustment bar sticks out in front of the seat and into the backs of legs.

Anyone played with a way to lower the seat base 1-2 inches?

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
Have 2007 144" with Luxury Seats (both driver and passenger). Lowered seats are still to high for my wife to be comfortable. She's nearly on her tip-toes. Also, when lowered all the way, the fore-aft adjustment bar sticks out in front of the seat and into the backs of legs.

Can you post a picture?

Tom McD

A low seat base for driver and co-driver is available from factory, it is 85 mm lower than standard seat bases.
A low seat base is mandatory with factory swivelling element, which is available only for luxury = comfort seats.
The suspension seat also always comes automatically with a low seat base. I am sure you can order the original low seat base from your dealer. The cost is around EUR 90,- in Europe. You need to paint it though with your van color.
The european codes for low seat bases are: driver S87, co-driver S88.

ctmcdaniel

Cross Member
I Sooooo want that factory low and swivel base, I have the sport craft kits now and for me they make the seat higher then I want.

Does anyone have factory part numbers for the low base and factory swivel?

Along with that I would want the part number(s) for the folding park brake.

Tom McD

Sprinter

I have luxury seats with high base (no suspension). They seem hard at first but I have to admit, they are very comfortable, the longest drive I had was 16 hours and I was surprised with comfort level.

However, can anybody tell me if suspension seats are different? or maybe I could get lower base and spring only to make my suspension seats?

blakej59

Does anyone have easy access to Dodge Sprinter parts department to see if these lower seat bases for both driver's and passenger seats are available (and part numbers)?

blakej59

If dodge is monitoring this site, maybe they could take note. Not everyone is 6-feet tall and these seats are too high for shorter people.

ELJEFE

Lord of Immortality
Raise the floor and stick some extenders on the pedals if nec. Easy to pull off as driver changes. That's what I did as I raised the seat 2" with steel tubing . Wanted a little more altitude!

elJ:thumbup:

blakej59

Tried the Dodge dealer for lower seat bases (S87 and S88) and came away empty-handed. They couldn't find anything. I checked out the difficulty in changing out the bases on my 2007 with Luxury Seat package and it'll be a snap. Anyone have any success with ordering those lower seat bases?

cactus_clumber

Low Seat Base

My Sprinter is currently at Sportsmobile, so I asked them to look into getting the low seat bases so they could install them while they had the vehicle in pieces. The word I got back was that the low bases are not available in the US. So, I was wondering if anyone (Richard, or one of our members in Germany?) can supply the part numbers so that I can find a friend in Europe to order them and ship them across the ocean.

Why we can't get the part is beyond me. I had a similar situation but with a happy ending involving my old Volvo 850 station wagon. In Europe, all the dog show people have "cages" that surround the cargo area of their station wagons so that they can open the hatch back and the dogs are still contained. I had seen the Volvo gates while I was over there, but the dealer here thought I was nuts when I tried to order the part. So I got a friend in England to find the part number for me, and a month later my dogs were behind bars with the tailgate open. Unfortunately, that car died at about 200,000 miles.

So if anyone can help, I'd truly appreciate it as I am only a little over 5'2"!

Valana

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Valana
It seems you will have to order these from the UK or Germany , if not available in the states via a dealership.
Rear cargo cages are available down under but the freight would make them just to expensive to send and because of the size they would be sea freight at min eight weeks.
We have the same issues down here it has a safety issue as if if it has not been tested to ADR regulations it's deemed unsafe, OK but then again there are many items that don't need it so? it's the game the bent Benz plays
Richard .

Top Bottom