PDA

View Full Version : seats

gerrym51
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
does anyone now the difference when ordering a new
sprinter the difference between regular seat, luxury bucket
seats, comfort seat, suspension seats.

i see listings on various order forms and conflicting info.

i think some say comfort and are refering to luxury bucket

any thoughts would be appreciated

gerry:thinking:

ELJEFE
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
My 07 wagon has, as stated on sticker, [under the 22B package - 1375.00]:

Luxury Bucket Driver's Seat [and pass.]
Driver seat Comfort Headrest "

They have height adjustment, base cushion tilt [front raises and lowers] , reclining back, lumbar adjustment [lower back support]

The 22B was an absolute option for me! Plus there's lots of good stuff in the 22B like cruise control, rear wipers, lighting, locking glove box, etc., etc.

Very happy with seats thus far, altho am adding 2" of height to driver side.

I put sheep covers on mine and they are now even more comfy and supportive!

A pair of these seats just went for 300.00 on Ebay!

elJ:thumbup:

jdcaples
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
does anyone now the difference when ordering a new
sprinter the difference between regular seat, luxury bucket
seats, comfort seat, suspension seats.

i see listings on various order forms and conflicting info.

i think some say comfort and are refering to luxury bucket

any thoughts would be appreciated

Hi Gerry,

In placing my own 2007 Freightliner 144" 2500 Cargo order, I was unable to get a firm grip on the differences between all the seats, with the exception of the suspension seat (which was really obvious).

I recall the impression that the differences were trivial - if not altogether insignificant - from my point of view.

I recommend consulting with the "Special Equipment Book (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2235&d=1182228930)," mapping the sales codes to the description and perhaps a visit to a dealership to see them in person.

-Jon

gerrym51
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM
jon,

the special equipment book is what caused me the problem in the first place. there is no mention of luxury bucket. it just
says comfort seat. there is also a listing for the suspension
seat.

jdcaples
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM
jon,

the special equipment book is what caused me the problem in the first place. there is no mention of luxury bucket. it just
says comfort seat. there is also a listing for the suspension
seat.

The text in the special equipment book doesn't map to the descriptions in the websites. Only the sales codes are universal.

When I was putting together my order, this is what I did.

I would take an option like you mention:

For instance, this:

LUXURY BUCKET DRIVER SEAT -inc: driver seat comfort headrest code: CDD $160

LUXURY BUCKET PASSENGER SEAT -inc: passenger seat comfort headrest code: CDY $160

Then I would look up CDD and CDY in the Special Equipment Book and discover that it says,

Comfort driver’s seat with fore/aft adjustment (259 millimetres [10.2 inches]), 45° backrest adjustment,
height adjustment (approximately 58 millimetres [2.3 inches]), cushion angle adjustment (+/– 2.5°) and
a manual lumbar support. The upholstery is the same as for the standard driver’s seat.

So what's the problem; are you unable to find all a blank quote listing all of the codes (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1775&d=1178291833)?

-Jon

gerrym51
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
The text in the special equipment book doesn't map to the descriptions in the websites. Only the sales codes are universal.

When I was putting together my order, this is what I did.

I would take an option like you mention:

For instance, this:

LUXURY BUCKET DRIVER SEAT -inc: driver seat comfort headrest code: CDD $160

LUXURY BUCKET PASSENGER SEAT -inc: passenger seat comfort headrest code: CDY $160

Then I would look up CDD and CDY in the Special Equipment Book and discover that it says,

Comfort driver’s seat with fore/aft adjustment (259 millimetres [10.2 inches]), 45° backrest adjustment,
height adjustment (approximately 58 millimetres [2.3 inches]), cushion angle adjustment (+/– 2.5°) and
a manual lumbar support. The upholstery is the same as for the standard driver’s seat.

So what's the problem; are you unable to find all a blank quote listing all of the codes (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1775&d=1178291833)?

-Jon

jon-

if i remember correctly, you ordered from freightliner.

do they list as codes? i've been using dodge website.

thanks, gerry:thumbup:

ps. the special equpment manual says you can get swivels codes cds and ctj. do you
know if thats correct

jdcaples
08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
jon-

if i remember correctly, you ordered from freightliner.

do they list as codes? i've been using dodge website.

thanks, gerry:thumbup:

ps. the special equpment manual says you can get swivels codes cds and ctj. do you
know if thats correct

I'm sorry Gerry, I don't know happen to know - from first hand info - if swivels are included in cds and ctj.

I did order from Freightliner - Portland Freightliner in Oregon.

I just created a mythical vehicle using Freightliner's eQuip web application. No codes are provided.

The only places that have codes are websites run by dealership-contracted service providers like Motorwebs. What is this?

Dealerships have provided vehicle data - sales codes etc - to a business like "Motorwebs" who then throw up a website that window shoppers can use to put together a pretend vehicle order.

Dealerships pay some amount of money for the service and thus websites like http://www.sprintercenter.com are born.

I stumbled upon these contracted websites - no affiliation with Daimler, Dodge etc - and noticed that their content the includes the sales codes.

What this provides: option description - code - MSRP

What it doesn't provide: anything actionable

Attached are a couple of samples

-Jon

gerrym51
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
thanks jon

gerry:clapping:

blakej59
11-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Have 2007 144" with Luxury Seats (both driver and passenger). Lowered seats are still to high for my wife to be comfortable. She's nearly on her tip-toes. Also, when lowered all the way, the fore-aft adjustment bar sticks out in front of the seat and into the backs of legs.

Anyone played with a way to lower the seat base 1-2 inches?

ctmcdaniel
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Have 2007 144" with Luxury Seats (both driver and passenger). Lowered seats are still to high for my wife to be comfortable. She's nearly on her tip-toes. Also, when lowered all the way, the fore-aft adjustment bar sticks out in front of the seat and into the backs of legs.

Can you post a picture?

Tom McD

zconnector
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM

A low seat base for driver and co-driver is available from factory, it is 85 mm lower than standard seat bases.
A low seat base is mandatory with factory swivelling element, which is available only for luxury = comfort seats.
The suspension seat also always comes automatically with a low seat base. I am sure you can order the original low seat base from your dealer. The cost is around EUR 90,- in Europe. You need to paint it though with your van color.
The european codes for low seat bases are: driver S87, co-driver S88.

ctmcdaniel
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I Sooooo want that factory low and swivel base, I have the sport craft kits now and for me they make the seat higher then I want.

Does anyone have factory part numbers for the low base and factory swivel?

Along with that I would want the part number(s) for the folding park brake.

Tom McD

Sprinter
11-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I have luxury seats with high base (no suspension). They seem hard at first but I have to admit, they are very comfortable, the longest drive I had was 16 hours and I was surprised with comfort level.

However, can anybody tell me if suspension seats are different? or maybe I could get lower base and spring only to make my suspension seats?

blakej59
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Does anyone have easy access to Dodge Sprinter parts department to see if these lower seat bases for both driver's and passenger seats are available (and part numbers)?

blakej59
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
If dodge is monitoring this site, maybe they could take note. Not everyone is 6-feet tall and these seats are too high for shorter people.

ELJEFE
11-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Raise the floor and stick some extenders on the pedals if nec. Easy to pull off as driver changes. That's what I did as I raised the seat 2" with steel tubing . Wanted a little more altitude!

elJ:thumbup:

Altered Sprinter
11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Here you Go
Richard

blakej59
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Tried the Dodge dealer for lower seat bases (S87 and S88) and came away empty-handed. They couldn't find anything. I checked out the difficulty in changing out the bases on my 2007 with Luxury Seat package and it'll be a snap. Anyone have any success with ordering those lower seat bases?

cactus_clumber
11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
My Sprinter is currently at Sportsmobile, so I asked them to look into getting the low seat bases so they could install them while they had the vehicle in pieces. The word I got back was that the low bases are not available in the US. So, I was wondering if anyone (Richard, or one of our members in Germany?) can supply the part numbers so that I can find a friend in Europe to order them and ship them across the ocean.

Why we can't get the part is beyond me. I had a similar situation but with a happy ending involving my old Volvo 850 station wagon. In Europe, all the dog show people have "cages" that surround the cargo area of their station wagons so that they can open the hatch back and the dogs are still contained. I had seen the Volvo gates while I was over there, but the dealer here thought I was nuts when I tried to order the part. So I got a friend in England to find the part number for me, and a month later my dogs were behind bars with the tailgate open. Unfortunately, that car died at about 200,000 miles.

So if anyone can help, I'd truly appreciate it as I am only a little over 5'2"!

Valana

Altered Sprinter
11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Valana
It seems you will have to order these from the UK or Germany , if not available in the states via a dealership.
Rear cargo cages are available down under but the freight would make them just to expensive to send and because of the size they would be sea freight at min eight weeks.
We have the same issues down here it has a safety issue as if if it has not been tested to ADR regulations it's deemed unsafe, OK but then again there are many items that don't need it so? it's the game the bent Benz plays
Richard .

blakej59
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
If part numbers can be located, I've got a sea-freight shipment departing England about December 10th which will arrive early January. The change out appears to be an easy job and I too would like to make this change.

Jim

Altered Sprinter
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Jim I'll check out the UK site to see if I can find the MB numbers, as all I had was the code that is a link to the UK MB numbers May be simon will be able to find it quicker than I as I/m off to bed, its after midnight:snore: but if no one helps you out I will chase the numbers tommorow, when I get back from town.
Richard

cactus_clumber
11-29-2007, 05:48 PM
If part numbers can be located, I've got a sea-freight shipment departing England about December 10th which will arrive early January. The change out appears to be an easy job and I too would like to make this change.

Jim

So, Jim, if we can get the part number, do you have a way to get the part to your shipment by December 10?

Valana

blakej59
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure I can make that happen if the parts are available in UK. Timing's a little tight to make that shipment.

Jim

Altered Sprinter
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Just an update I never got to work today so will check on those numbers tomorrow , I think the code reference is all they need any way.
One you need to provide a Vin number pinch one of a dealers lot in the UK and don't forget to order RHD or you'll end up with LHD they do not interchange left to right.
Richard
PS suggest you find a Mercedes-Benz dealer ship in the UK and send PM for information these seat bases will not be in inventory dealer stock base ,
Richard
PS note: this is for the 906 series in case they ask

cactus_clumber
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Thank you, Richard.

Jim - Please email me privately to set this up if you want to try it. (You didn't list your email address in your profile.)

Valana
(valana@asu.edu)

Altered Sprinter
12-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Ok I attempted to find the MB number for the seat bases to no avail...yes they exist.."But' they are not a standard accessory as such. The code reference are correct.
Email a UK Sprinter dealer and send him the photo of your requirements for a quotation
These are from the Body Builders directive for special purpose vehicles such as modified cab chassis or for the Euro camper set normally ordered and installed by the body modification manufactures.
Remember to ask for LHD.
Let us know if you have any luck, they way things are going. someone will have to start to import the parts you guys are looking for, sonner or latter.
Richard

zconnector
12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Hello,

factory seat bases, low, Daimler parts numbers, LHD vehicle:

Driver (Code S87) A 906 660 16 40
Co-driver (Code S88) A 906 660 21 40

Hope this helps some.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SureBlue/DSC01310.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SureBlue/DSC01309.jpg

Altered Sprinter
12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks z connctor Now we have both the code and numbers:thumbup:
How did you track that down ?
Richard

zconnector
12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks z connctor Now we have both the code and numbers:thumbup:
How did you track that down ?
Richard

YW Richard, it was no problem, I have the parts catalogues in CD, for both T1N and NCV3. I'm going to Germany soon and could arrange them to you too if you want, they cost some 30 EUR each.

Altered Sprinter
12-06-2007, 10:41 PM
YW Richard, it was no problem, I have the parts catalogues in CD, for both T1N and NCV3. I'm going to Germany soon and could arrange them to you too if you want, they cost some 30 EUR each. Ah'r that explains that one.
Thanks but My van bases are just right they have the adjustments for up and down and forward and back So it's cool.
Thank you for sharing the info.
Dam I don't have those parts CD not available down under...MB does not like to inform customers if they can help it and 30 Euro Hell thats so cheap.
PS can you find out what the walnut facial dash surrounds cost? there are three options Carbon black Stainless and Walnut, Not available down under, after market ones are poor quality in comparison to the full version MB offers.
Cheers Richard

SprinterUSA1
12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Altered Sprinter;16454......................
PS can you find out what the walnut facial dash surrounds cost? there are three options Carbon black Stainless and Walnut, Not available down under, after market ones are poor quality in comparison to the full version MB offers.
Cheers Richard[/QUOTE]

Richard,

that really depends on where you have been looking for those kind off after market upgrades...........
If you are willing to spend some money I could point you the right way.

You can always find someone that does coatings of dash parts.

SprinterUSA1

Altered Sprinter
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Richard,

that really depends on where you have been looking for those kind off after market upgrades...........
If you are willing to spend some money I could point you the right way.

You can always find someone that does coatings of dash parts.

SprinterUSA1
working on the chain gang for next year on bits and pieces, .
Like you guys say if it ain't cheap, we don't want it
So my strategy is to buy via the US you are so cheap:tongue:
I was interested as to what the MB price was as opposed to getting it via a MB link down under,.
Richard

blakej59
12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
zconnector, nice work on the seat base code numbers.

I sure would like a set for the sprinter. I think cactus_clumber would as well. I'll email him.

Jim

blakej59
12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Just contacted Dodge dealer. They had the Dodge conversion part numbers from the Mercedes numbers zconnector provided.

The Dodge part numbers are:
S87 drivers seat: 68010865AA $206.39
S88 Passenger seat: 68010943AA $206.39

Expensive but at least available in USA. Drivers are available in Detroit now, Passenger is not in USA but they are in transit.

Thank you zconnector!!!

Jim

zconnector
12-09-2007, 05:17 AM
Cheers Richard

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/vans/home/products/accessories/sprinter_906_accessories/interior.html

http://www.sunstop-shop.de/

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/eur041.htm

Hope this helps some.

Roger

zconnector
12-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Thank you zconnector!!!

Jim

yvmw Jim

Roger

Altered Sprinter
12-09-2007, 07:05 AM
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/vans/home/products/accessories/sprinter_906_accessories/interior.html

http://www.sunstop-shop.de/

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/eur041.htm

Hope this helps some.

Roger Thank you Rodger
The Mercedes price was what I was after for a reference next year:thumbup:
Sunstop one go shop to you drop on every web site from Russia to UK .
This one is pure 100% defective junk as are the others on eBay or shops old technolagy no recall on faults or shrikage it's common on these.
exotic wood dash via Bennetto no email responce in two years on this model so have no idea as to the quality???
Pity they had a compleate package but very expensive.

Again Rodger thank you for the bent -benz price.
Richard

SprinterUSA1
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Richard,

Pre-woodec, Exotic wooddash, Wooddash or any others that are out there offer nice products. I have not experienced any shrinkage or defects on any of their products. I had Prewoodec and Wooddash installed on my T1N. It sure does not look Factory but it is an affordable option over getting dash parts coated.
Prewoodec offers only one piece right now for the NCV3. Reason being:the dash is so soft (to prevent squeeking, cracking...) that the parts will not stay on. They offered a whole set at one time but took it off the market because off the parts falling off over time. Not sure if the other makers have the same problem or are even aware of it.

Not such problems with the T1N dash!!!!!!!

Prewoodec's kit is also very thin compared to the other makers. So it does not look applied at first glance.

Altered Sprinter
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Richard,

Pre-woodec, Exotic wooddash, Wooddash or any others that are out there offer nice products. I have not experienced any shrinkage or defects on any of their products. I had Prewoodec and Wooddash installed on my T1N. It sure does not look Factory but it is an affordable option over getting dash parts coated.
Prewoodec offers only one piece right now for the NCV3. Reason being:the dash is so soft (to prevent squeeking, cracking...) that the parts will not stay on. They offered a whole set at one time but took it off the market because off the parts falling off over time. Not sure if the other makers have the same problem or are even aware of it.

Not such problems with the T1N dash!!!!!!!

Prewoodec's kit is also very thin compared to the other makers. So it does not look applied at first glance.
The Euro one was the set I am refereeing to as of being suspect and or in plain English CRAP.

I have Sherwood's No problems, although I could say the resin is too thick as you can not see the finish that well under strong light it mirrors back in the sun other than that it's perfect as you can get lazer cut no problems:bow: exotic wood grain dash , I'm sure they are connected to Benettto, but I have never been able to get an email BACK FROM THEM?....nor am I sure as to what finish they use it looks too similar to the cheap Euro ones.
Richard

cactus_clumber
02-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Update on low seat base:

I had Sportsmobile order and install the driver's low seat base on my BRAND NEW 07 3500, which was delivered to me last Wednesday. I'm just over 5' 2", and the driving position is very comfortable. The low seat base makes all the difference in the world. Now I am going to have to get one for the passenger seat so the van doesn't look lop-sided! Thank you, Jim, for providing the part numbers.

Valana

peacola
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Do the lower seat bases prevent installation of aux battery in seat base?

jdcaples
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Do the lower seat bases prevent installation of aux battery in seat base?

The NCV3 aux battery is typically located under the hood if ordered from the factory.

Is there a reason you'd like it under a seat?

I posted a document describing the procedure to retrofit an aux battery in the Sprinter-Source NCV3 database area.

Click here (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2564).

-Jon

peacola
02-14-2008, 02:26 AM
The NCV3 aux battery is typically located under the hood if ordered from the factory.

Is there a reason you'd like it under a seat?

I posted a document describing the procedure to retrofit an aux battery in the Sprinter-Source NCV3 database area.

Click here (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2564).

-Jon
I'm a newbie at the planning stage of his first class B Sprinter. In another forum I saw it installed under the passenger seat along with a battery separator. I assumed that's where it went. Installing it under the hood makes sense to me.

As my primary RV use will be travel, I'l depend on the campground stops for showers, city water and electricity. The aux battery will be for rest area or Walmart overnighters to provide lights, roof fan or ceramic heater.

Thanks for the battery retrofit info.
Larry

jdcaples
02-14-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm a newbie at the planning stage of his first class B Sprinter. In another forum I saw it installed under the passenger seat along with a battery separator. I assumed that's where it went. Installing it under the hood makes sense to me.

As my primary RV use will be travel, I'l depend on the campground stops for showers, city water and electricity. The aux battery will be for rest area or Walmart overnighters to provide lights, roof fan or ceramic heater.

Thanks for the battery retrofit info.
Larry

Sounds like a cool project.

There's a lot of info on Sprinter-Source and many people of extreme intelligence frequently post. Enjoy Sprinter-Source and your project, Larry.

-Jon

zconnector
02-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Update on low seat base:

Thank you, Jim, for providing the part numbers.

Valana

yw Valana, but I'm still Roger :D

cactus_clumber
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
My mistake. Thank you, Roger, for the MB part numbers, and thank you, Jim, for the equivalent Dodge part numbers.

Valana

(Sorry to show my ignorance, but what does 'yw' mean?)

Aircraft Wrench
02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
you're welcome

R

Jim

trans am
02-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Does anybody know of a seat/center console that will fit in a 3500 cargo with dual bucket seats? I have measured and it looks like a 13" seat might be a little tight and the 10" seat would be to small for an adult. These sizes are what seems to standard after market sizes. I finally received my van and now I see a need to carry two passengers, occasionally. Also what seat base would be appropriate. It seems a pedestal base from a step van would be perfect. Has anyone done this? Thanks

jaek
03-05-2008, 04:53 AM
The descriptions for Wooden Floor (42A) and Crew Van Seating (AEG) both say that the floor comes with seat apertures. This is a mildly silly question, but does anyone know if it only comes with the first row seat apertures, or all of them? Also, do the stock lashing rails attach to the same place the seat brackets do, or could you have both with a bit of hacksawing and screwing?

I currently have an extended E350 with the first and third row bench seats that I use for some errands, carrying motorcycles (with the third row seat out), and going snowboarding. I was planning on getting a 144" short cargo van, as it looks like there's enough room behind the front bench seat to put my bikes, but I'm a bit worried about losing the capability for the extra bench seat. I've used it a few times, not least by making my passengers go sit in it to put weight over the rear axle when driving. I'm also too tall to stand up in a high roof, and live in a city so don't want to try to parallel park the extra three and a half feet of van.

ctmcdaniel
04-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Jeak

My AEG crew seat set up came with cut outs pockets for an additional row of seating with cover plates over them.

the seat attach at 3 points and the floor lashing rails are two row's.. the seats and lashing rails do not share the same centers.

Tom McD

BBlessing
04-17-2008, 11:51 PM

try ordering the lower seat base for the cushion ride seats. ask for the box that bolts to the floor. some modification may be necessary to bolt your seat mechanism to the base, but it is about 2 inches shorter than the stock one.

bb

BBlessing
04-18-2008, 12:05 AM
oops, i guess i should read all of the thread before posting replies.:hmmm:

bb

Altered Sprinter
04-18-2008, 01:53 AM
oops, i guess i should read all of the thread before posting replies.:hmmm:

bb
Eggzactaly:smilewink:
Richard

gerrym51
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I started this thread 8/27/07. Its amazing it keeps coming back. I'm tempted to add another
posting to my old Wife and DPF post for laughs!

gerry:laughing: