Plastic box above sliding door

There have been some obscure parts that seemed unnecessary which turned out to be related to passenger head protection padding/safety. Perhaps this is one of those? FWIW. vic

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
No power door. I broke the plastic cover trying to remove it. Has spring on pin with a plastic lever arm. Still can not determine what it is or does. The funny thing is I never noticed it before and I looked at that area to determine how I was going to cover it and hold up ceiling panel. Strange.

Attachments

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Thanks! That must be what it is. I just bought the two stage door kit from MB and had them install it when I had the 30,000 mile service done a couple of months ago. That explains why it was not there before. I am getting old and sometimes question my memory. Did not think it was there when I looked at that area.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thanks! That must be what it is. I just bought the two stage door kit from MB and had them install it when I had the 30,000 mile service done a couple of months ago. That explains why it was not there before. I am getting old and sometimes question my memory. Did not think it was there when I looked at that area.
Thanks as I took a punt on this as we have the same ..But I have never looked at how it worked before.
Too see how it works manual open the door to the first stage and watch how the spring operates, do the same for a full opening door, it should move the spring to the opposite direction neat trick but more to keep greased dirt and residue will eventually make them stick.. The plastic cap is to prevent unwanted fingers getting caught up with the mechanism Ouch..
Cheers Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You modified your van so it's been deleted has it not.
Pics please....U know the rules:smilewink:
Option for Code T12 Two stage opening doors

Last edited:

K-9 SPRINTER

K-9 SPRINTER

yes,,, its it hard to see , but pause the vid @ 141, and you can see its not there (the cover you show,is huge and between the 2nd and 3rd roof beem and goes from the roof to the top of sliding door)

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom