sprinter 2011 and axxess aswc

nitewulf

Hi,

I just got my brand new 2011 Benz Sprinter, installing inside Pioneer Avic-Z130BT and trying to pair steering wheel controlls with it thru metra axxess ASWC, but with no luck

I did everithing by the manual, power and ground and pink cable to port 6 and bluepink to port 7. ASWC cannot recognize anything, or do I do anything wrong ? is there someone with experience with these ? I used to work with pac interfaces, but they told me that ASWC would be better to retain phone features also.

Thnx Guys!

ben322

I had a problem with the ASWC interfacing with the Sound 20 harness, (single large square plug with 2-optical connections). I know it does work with the Sound 5 dual plug setup. Contact Metra-Autosound for support. They were helpful even though we were never able to make either of the two integration devices work with the Sound 20 harness.

Fredtoo

I had a Kenwood installed, and the installer noted that the steering wheel thingie does not work on the 2011.

It seems that something changed from 2010 to 2011

BillWV

Schloss auf Rädern
www.crutchfield.com Tells me I'll need a PAC-SWI-JACK and a SWI-CAN2 PAC to interface the steering wheel controls with a Clarion CX-501 head unit and this should work on my 2011. I have not ordered any of it (yet).

Details:

Overview: The PAC SWI-CAN2 Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface is an add-on module for use with the SWI-X, SWI-ALP, SWI-ECL/2, SWI-JACK or SWI-PS steering wheel adapters when installing a compatible aftermarket radio into select vehicles that feature steering wheel controls. It allows you to keep steering wheel controls that use a dual wire CAN bus to control the factory radio. The SWI-CAN2 interprets and converts steering wheel control data to signals the SWI-X, SWI-ALP, SWI-ECL/2, SWI-JACK and SWI-PS adapters can use, allowing you to replace your factory stereo with an aftermarket deck and continue to use your factory steering wheel controls.

Aftermarket Radio Compatibility: The SWI-CAN2 is compatible with the following steering wheel adapters and after-market radios.

SWI-X: allows you to use the radio controls in compatible vehicles to command most aftermarket radio with wireless remote capability (must use 380-40kHz carrier frequency)
SWI-ALP: works with Alpine radios that are Steering Remote Control Ready, such as CDA-9851, CDA-9853, CDA-9855, DVA-9865, CDA-D853, CDA-D855, and CDA-D857; it is also compatible with select Kenwood, JVC, and Blaupunkt head units that have a wired remote control input; the SWI-ALP has been replaced by the SWI-JACK; the SWI-JACK adds compatibility with select Clarion head units
SWI-ECL/2: compatible with any aftermarket Eclipse radio that has wired remote input leads
SWI-JACK: works with Alpine radios that are Steering Remote Control Ready, such as CDA-9851, CDA-9853, CDA-9855, DVA-9865, CDA-D853, CDA-D855, and CDA-D857. It's also compatible with select Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, and Blaupunkt head units that have a wired remote control input
SWI-PS: works with Sony head units with an input for the RM-X2S, RM-X3S, or RM-X4S wired remotes. The adapter also works for all Pioneer head units that have a wired remote control input

Rotary Switch: The SWI-CAN2 interface has a rotary switch that needs to be adjusted to match the vehicle it is being installed in. The rotary switch has settings from 0 to 9.

Connections: The SWI-CAN2 interface comes with a 7" harness. One of eleven-pin connectors of the harness plugs into the SWI-CAN2 while the other eleven-pin connector plugs into the optional steering wheel adapter (SWI-X, SWI-ALP, SWI-PS or SWI-ECL/2) which is sold separately. There is also a 6-pin connector that plugs into an optional C2R interface (sold separately) which attaches to the vehicle's factory harness. If you do not use the optional C2R interface you can also hardwire this connection to your vehicle's factory wiring.

Thats interesting, 2 separate modules. From what I read it should work but it sure would be nice to not be the one who tries it first.

I am looking at a pioneer unit for my 2011 and I see PAC makes the units for them as well. I just don't know if I want to pull the trigger and buy them yet.

Maxgroup

Hi all
I have these 2 modules connected to a Sony head unit and working fine. The installer programmed all the buttons, but it took him a few tries to get it working. No problem since, this was done 2 months ago.

ozkar2079

I know I'm writing about this years after this was first posted, but I just bought a 2011 Sprinter that came with a sound 5 radio. I bought the 1784 harness with interface and the ASWC to retain steering wheel controls along with a kenwood DD471HD radio.

I followed the directions from AXXESS site to the letter, and have managed to get everything to work correctly but the ASWC/steering wheel controls. Has anyone here done this before? Thanks.

1jonhansen

Well to keep the "years later" reply going here... I have a 2008 Passenger with Sound 20 including steering wheel controls.

I purchased the Metra XSVI-1788-NAV and the Metra AWSC-1 because I was told by the crutchfield people I need both.... especially if I want to add back up camera down the road.
I also installed a Pioneer 5800BHS.

I installed the 1788 and the AWSC today and the radio works as expected. The steering wheel buttons interface are not. I have look at several youtube videos and posts and it appears to be that I need to isolate the ground wire and not use the common ground for the stereo. I will try that tomorrow and see what happens...

Top Bottom