Another happy DARF customer

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
I won't bore with the details see "Oh boy what did I do..." https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16483

I finally got to drive the Sprinter with fresh tranny fluid and the DARF fix. Wow I was impressed by the difference. It just shifts so smooth now. I was hearing a hum at highway speeds. I presumed it was the tires but it was the transmission because that is now gone.

As you all, already know, we are so lucky to have someone on our forum like Doktor A. It hurts my head to think how he came up with a fix for the rumble strips effect and the smooth shifting is a bonus.

I just traded in a 07 BMW 328xi. I wished it shifted a smooth as my Sprinter does now. We need a Doktor A for my Bimmerfest forum. It's great when you have a mechanic that can not only diagnose a problem but improve or eliminate the problem.

EEJ

Same here, also very happy with the fix.

I'm curious though- is there an in-depth explanation somewhere of just what process is modified by drilling this 'bleed' hole in the end plate, and how it was discovered this could make a difference? I assume this lets the valve in that particular bore move more quickly- what does this valve do and what other aspects of shifting would it affect?

EEJ

Top Bottom