PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 2011 Cargo

cvo
05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Hello to all.

I own a service business and I am looking to purchase a 2500 low roof 144", MSRP is $38,295 with options. The dealer is offering a discount of $2269, do you think he has more room to move?

BTW, I have been using E-350 Fords.

flman
05-29-2011, 02:39 PM
That van is base at $35,995 per MB web site http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/sprinter/showroom/type/cargo-van

gregowski
05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
We bought our brand-new 2008 2500 144" high-roof for $30K in May 2009, including all taxes and fees, the MSRP was $45K. The dealer had 10 sitting on the lot, and no one had made an offer on one in a year.

I think the clincher for us was we walked on with a written offer from another dealership for $30K - if you play the dealers off against another, you can get a much better price, just be willing to walk away that day and come back later, if necessary.

First we had sent out inquiries to 24 dealers across the nation, got the lowest offers, played the half-dozen lowest against each other to see who could do the best, then once we had the lowest numbers nationally, we walked into the local dealerships and said "can you guys do better than this?" With that kind of pressure, they might be willing to cut you a pretty good deal.

Greg

cvo
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
We bought our brand-new 2008 2500 144" high-roof for $30K in May 2009, including all taxes and fees, the MSRP was $45K. The dealer had 10 sitting on the lot, and no one had made an offer on one in a year.

I think the clincher for us was we walked on with a written offer from another dealership for $30K - if you play the dealers off against another, you can get a much better price, just be willing to walk away that day and come back later, if necessary.

First we had sent out inquiries to 24 dealers across the nation, got the lowest offers, played the half-dozen lowest against each other to see who could do the best, then once we had the lowest numbers nationally, we walked into the local dealerships and said "can you guys do better than this?" With that kind of pressure, they might be willing to cut you a pretty good deal.

Greg

Problem is now, the inventory doesn't sit long at all in my area on the West coast of Florida. You don't see any year old units, maybe a few 2010 Freightliners with the lower HP motor.

cvo
06-04-2011, 01:37 AM
I bought the van today, the power really surprised me. Also all the extra benefits of buying at a MB dealer and the road side Sprinter service is very nice.