Replacement Passenger Seat Belt

ohlsonmh

Grumpy Member
My 2004 had this problem, plus every movement of the passenger caused the belt to tighten until the passenger was clamped to the seat.

Had it replaced under warranty and now is not as bad, but still not really right.

That's been my experience with Sprinter "warranty" work - better, not really fixed !!

I'll be checking to see how you succeed, Thanks!

-Oly

cahaak

Take the back of the seat off to see why it is not working. Sometimes it is just twisted or has a hang up. Really need to diagnose why it is not working before fixing. Taking the back of the seat off is easy. I have had to do this several times on mine. After a lot of kid use, they can get screwed up.

Chris

wcampbell78

Yeah, this is the front passenger seat (the seat belt anchors to the back of my ... air-ride seat!) :rad:

I've almost got the conversion for the air ride seats done, but I have to add a power switch to kill the compressor when I don't need it (since I don't want to put in an air tank or worry about leaks).

My passenger seat belt comes out fine, but then will click in and tighten down on the passenger over time. Not bad in the city for short runs. A pain on a long trip. Our solution was a plastic fish line clip. I'm certain a clothespin, large sized paper clamp clip, or something similar would be fine also. Could work as an interim solution until you decide to disassemble. For us it's a permanent fix unless our present situation deteriorates. YMMV. vic

I replaced the passenger belt in my 2005. Sometimes it would hang up when pulling it out, sometimes it would not. The replacement does the same. I need to find the receipt, it is under warrenty.

My replacement cost $100.00, more or less. But, Those people are selling a "may fit" product. I would not rely on a "may fit" seatbelt.

Top Bottom