sprinter 316cdi- Limp mode- Turbo actuator?

316cdi210

Pumping the gas:)
Hi all. when i drive sometimes on the higway, my car loose all its power and will not rev over 3000RPM. i have tried to give gas at idle, and the car will not rev over 3k still! its does this all the time now. it can go 4200RPM sometimes, and the baby will not raise over 3000RPM at unknown times! a friend of me gave gas when i looked at the turbo actuator, and it didnt move to the left while pushing the throttle and release. the same thing, will not rev over 3000Rpm.

May it be faulty turbo actuator that is messing?

Sincerely, inanc

sailquik

Hi 316,
You need to find a way to read your boost (MAP) to tell if your problem is the turbo
actuator... or something else.
It would be very good to find a shop or someone who has a diagnostic unit that works
on your 316 CDI.
If your boost is sometimes OK, but does not increase enough as your engine speed comes up,
that sounds like a turbo actuator.
DO you have an EGR valve on your Sprinter in Norway?
Could be a number of other issues (split turbo hose, leaking turbo hose joint, things like that) bleeding off some or part of your boost pressure.
Without a boost gauge or MAP reading you cannot really tell.
And, you ECU may have stored some codes that would point to other issues.
I'd find someone with a factory authorized Sprinter Scanner.
Roger

316cdi210

Pumping the gas:)
Hi 316,
You need to find a way to read your boost (MAP) to tell if your problem is the turbo
actuator... or something else.
It would be very good to find a shop or someone who has a diagnostic unit that works
on your 316 CDI.
If your boost is sometimes OK, but does not increase enough as your engine speed comes up,
that sounds like a turbo actuator.
DO you have an EGR valve on your Sprinter in Norway?
Could be a number of other issues (split turbo hose, leaking turbo hose joint, things like that) bleeding off some or part of your boost pressure.
Without a boost gauge or MAP reading you cannot really tell.
And, you ECU may have stored some codes that would point to other issues.
I'd find someone with a factory authorized Sprinter Scanner.
Roger
Hi roger. i got plenty of boost when i drive in the cities, can rev the baby to 4200rpm. but when im at the highway, the car looses all it guts. i have checked the turbo hoses for splits etc, none seen. i can see the turbo actuator not working when pressing the throttle and release. i will have it on star diagnostic for check.

The EU versions of sprinter 316cdi's doesnt have any EGR valve, so i am happy at that part:)

Best regards, inanc

Top Bottom