Cup Holders for Rear Passengers?

935dc

Would like to know what folks are using for cup holders in the rear? We took a weekend trip and my wife was using one of the kids baby seat cup holders which worked, but would hope there are other options. Was there any type of factory option for rear cup holders for the nvc3?

Appreciate any info or suggestions (other than "hold it") :cheers:

cahaak

Not sure about the NCV3, but the T1N passenger vans have underseat mounted cup holders that slide out in each row. Only two holders in each row which leaves you a couple short if you have a full van, but not really much of an issue.

Chris

There are quite a few aftermarket options for vehicles and boats. Marine stores usually have them in stock. I added a boat style cup holder in my T1N. FWIW. vic

I don't like the underseat ones that came with the van, too hard for a kid to put it back without spilling. For my kids that do not have a booster with cup holder, I mounted a few of these http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Transport-Litter-Bag/dp/B003RZGQ8A on the headrest in front of them. We normally just have the kids use their insulated metal water bottles in the van, but have used them for McDonalds...etc. This is intended as a garbage bag, so it is leakproof...works great for us.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I also use the grey plastic cup holders. I have added 6 of them - on the sides such as these two:
P5271839.JPG

And for the front row right passenger one on the B-pillar. Trash left over from some Scout trip.

P5271846.JPG

With Scouts comes damage. These cup holders are cheap - only about $4 delivered. But I have had to replace only 2 in over 7 years that I have had them in place. And that is a lot of miles with the van fully loaded with Scouts.

P5271843.JPG

The T1N front already has cup holders for 4 cups. But the glove compartment one is designed to be spilt and only hold certain cups firmly. The OEM center counsel holders are dangerously low - and I have replaced them with more accessible ones.

P5271848.JPG

Last edited:

935dc

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!! I was hoping to not havem to dril into anything but will see

I was hoping to not have to drill into anything but will see
You can install them using sealant or glazing tape. I use GOOP sealant on many things. It holds to almost anything, but will peel loose from plastic if you want to get it off later. You will most likely break a hard plastic cup holder base in removing it. The Sprinter interior plastic will be fine though if you put a putty knife blade in position to provide a lever point to break the cup holder loose.

Same goes with the glazing tape.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Industrial/Adhesives/Product/Bonding-Tapes/VHB-Tape/

A friend of mine needed to have a stove in his boat to meet distance race requirements. He installed a ss one using glazing tape figuring it would last for the race. That stove was in position the entire racing season. The glazing tape is a bit more difficult to remove, but it comes off also.

YMMV. It takes a leap of faith to trust bonding tapes and sealants, but you'll be very surprised at how well they will work. vic

ben322

YMMV. It takes a leap of faith to trust bonding tapes and sealants, but you'll be very surprised at how well they will work. vic
X2 - When we re-did our bath, we used Travertine marble. The heavy Travertine shower shelves, soap dishes, TP holder, etc were all installed using silicone sealant. Blue tape to hold it for 24-hours and it's solid. One of the shelves hold 4 large bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc. and have never moved. Can be removed & re-installled with little trouble.

For cup holders, we used Fischer cup holders which are very sturdy. In our old Roadtrek, I replaced all 4 of the standard RV folding type with very good results.

Top Bottom