Inserting Transit seat in a Sprinter

Martin Duffy

Ok, i have 3 transit seats in the rear of my 313. A single and a matching double. They r the ones with internal seat belts, look good, got em for $480 and it was $300 to get them legally inserted. So now the bus is a 5 seater, but my new lady friend has 2 kids and me the same.

Need another seat.

Mmmm, here are my options.

1. if i could score another Transit single and did a modification to the hand brake then i would be in. It just looks like the hand brake is the issue as it protrudes out too far. The front floor in the sprinter is also a few degrees and so not level which may present a problem as well.

2. Or try get another transit or Sprinter Double and pop in the front, but that would mean the existing front Sprinter passenger would become obsolete.

3. Swap the existing rear transit double and move to the front. It should fit ok without an issue with the handbrake. Move the existing front passenger to near sliding door. Buy another 2nd hand transit single to match existing and bingo.

Oh if ihad only been able to score some Sprinter seats at a good price in the first place!

Dont know about the issue of the front floor not being level!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Martin your still not getting it right. Bench seat out of a sprinter or Crafter or VW transporter. there is no other solution for the front.
Rear full seat behind the Transit Australian made variant duel seater. For three, again VW transporter.
Or stop expanding your family's growth..:smilewink:
Richard

Top Bottom