Do you still Duck when you drive?

Fredtoo

I just moved from an Econoline to a Sprinter, and I find myself ducking when I go under a bridge.
(These things are TALL)

Will I ever get used to this?

twisted bit

2011 144" high top set
I know the feeling, I just came from a f-350 with a work cap. It is great not having to duck walk to get material out of the back.

sailsailor

Traveler
You should see my better half when a pebble gets kicked up by a vehicle in front of us. You'd swear we didn't have a windshield, and it's comming straight through.

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
As a relatively new Sprinter owner, I find myself being overly cautious when it comes to anything overhead.
So far I've managed to avoid any low structures - with the exception of roadside trees when parking. It's only the leaves and light branches that hit but in an empty van, sounds a lot worse!

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
It took me a month or so to stop that reflex.

I was conditioned on the first day I stepped into my Sprinter.

I flew to Portland, OR from Seattle to redeem my fresh-from-the-factory Sprinter (waited 6 months from order to delivery)

The sales guy picked me up at PDX to take me to the dealership so I could hand over the cashiers check.

We were hit with hail. He drove into a parking lot and scratched the roof on a tree.

While I did put a toupée on my Sprinter, I was ducking for a number of weeks.

Andy in NH

Yep, hi-top with a 12"+ ladder rack on top gives me good reason. Getting used to it though. Putting a total height figure where I can see it is on the list.

Fredtoo

My "normal" car is a bmw 3 series, I never gave the Rail Road bridges that pass over our local roads a second thought.

The "will I make it?" thought pops up all the time now.

Top Bottom