PDA

View Full Version : nothing but problems

ash
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
hi
i have a 2007 313 cdi sprinter, and have nothing but problems.Here is some of the problems i have had. turbo boost sensor replaced, turbo replaced, EJR valve and throotle body replaced and now recently the srs light came on.
I am fed up. does anyone else have problems

thanks
ash

b1jc
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Still more reliable than a transit though fella.

Egr valves are problematic on any modern diesel unfortunately.

Have you owned the van since new? How many miles?

Ive got an '07 315 atm and none of my 3 previous trannys compare

Grins2Go_Brett
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I have an '07 with about 44K miles. The only thing beyond normal wear and tear items has been a glow plug going out and needing to be replaced. Unfortunately it sounds like you may have just gotten a bad apple out of the bunch. Sorry.

By the sound of the list of parts that have been replaced, I'm thinking maybe the dealer doesn't know exactly what is wrong and is just doing a process of elimination trying to find it. Search through this site for a possible root cause. I've been a lurker on this site for a while now and have found a lot of great information posted from other members.

kendall69
04-19-2011, 05:34 AM
65 K plus here. I bought mine new, dealer replaced all glow plugs for free at 50K. Roof repaired twice still leaks I will go in a third time. It never rains in the desert so not a problem for me.

Other than that I get great mileage pull hills loaded with gear like a mule. The interior height is a amazing, maneuverability is great, ride is amazing. Way too many pluses to poo poo the Sprinter. In fact I'll be looking at a 2012 soon.

ash
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Still more reliable than a transit though fella.

Egr valves are problematic on any modern diesel unfortunately.

Have you owned the van since new? How many miles?

Ive got an '07 315 atm and none of my 3 previous trannys compare

miles only 67,000...van was a demo..only 3 months old when i purchased.
now van is out of warranty and now its costly to get fixed

ash
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
65 K plus here. I bought mine new, dealer replaced all glow plugs for free at 50K. Roof repaired twice still leaks I will go in a third time. It never rains in the desert so not a problem for me.

Other than that I get great mileage pull hills loaded with gear like a mule. The interior height is a amazing, maneuverability is great, ride is amazing. Way too many pluses to poo poo the Sprinter. In fact I'll be looking at a 2012 soon.

the drive is good i admit... but i hate all the electrical problems.... what about the srs light...what you recommend:rad:

CustomSpooling
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
hi
i have a 2007 313 cdi sprinter, and have nothing but problems.Here is some of the problems i have had. turbo boost sensor replaced, turbo replaced, EJR valve and throotle body replaced and now recently the srs light came on.
I am fed up. does anyone else have problems

thanks
ash

Those parts that were replaced.... how did they determine the turbo needed replaced?

lindenengineering
04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Those parts that were replaced.... how did they determine the turbo needed replaced?

Usually the plastic worm gear in the variable controller fails and causes a boost defect mil lamp flag and limp condition.
MB NA has a problem with some turbos on 2010 models when last needed a unit and I got one from the "ould sod" (i,e MB UK)--great supply service and response--even alot cheaper in Pound notes and faster (4 days and 70 quid cartage UPS) (MB USA TAKE NOTE!)
They can eat your lunch on parts supply!

You can't use the USA vin#, the nomenclature for 2010 on Sprinters cannot be accessed in the UK--maybe MB USA know they have a meagre "lunch bag" at the moment!

So you need the engine number and turbo number to access the service supply solution.
Dennis

jdcaples
04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
<snip>

You can't use the USA vin#, the nomenclature for 2010 on Sprinters cannot be accessed in the UK--maybe MB USA know they have a meagre "lunch bag" at the moment!

So you need the engine number and turbo number to access the service supply solution.
Dennis

2002-2009 US/Canadian Sprinters have an "External VIN and an Internal VIN." One was used in the US and fastened to the dashboard, visible from the exterior. The other was used to find vehicle-specific parts.

I just looked at a 2010 data card on EPC.startekinfo.com.

Question: Do you provide the VIN or the Identification Number? Does the "UK know about" the ID number (note the MB chassis designation within the ID number, 906733)?

-Jon

lindenengineering
04-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Jon
I was told by MB-UK that they could'nt access the vehicle data from the US vin# from 2010 onwards --however perhaps this may not be true upon reflection. Is it possible that they don't wish to be seen as supplying the US market in direct competition?

In any case I am not questioning their posture, the savings on parts for MB products like the Unimog/G Wagon/and of course the Sprinter can be significant on certain product lines. I mentioned the turbo this morning; even taking exchange rates, pesky bank fees, customs and freight the difference added up to a $1300 saving over the same part from the MB USA dealer.
AND that was IF it was available!

At the time it wasn't, (is it still on back order/shortage?--who knows, I haven't bothered to find out)) so in short the truck was VOR'd until they could find one!

Sorry in my book its a commercial vehicle, (not a luxury swank car), like the Ford et al, many operators gravitate to the US brand when parts and pricing of those parts shortages have ground the Sprinter operator into the tarmac.
One of my customers has just pX'd his fleet of 2008 Sprinter minibuses for Fords--the supply chain and shortage of parts plus the pricing was enough according to him to "sh--t can" the fleet.
Sad because I am an avid Sprinter nut.
Cheers Dennis

jdcaples
04-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I was hoping that the provision of the 2010+ Identification Number would expedite a parts search in the UK, saving you the trouble of having to harvest the part number on the Van, esp if the part number's not readily available w/o vivisection.