What color is my Sprinter??

EEJ

So I finally have my 2005 short-shorty passenger van here and I'd like to do a bit of touch up including the trim for the MB grill. It is blue but which blue? I scoured the threads looking for the location of the paint code on the vehicle- a couple mentioned a label on the door jamb- but no label there. Is the code somewhere on the vehicle or do I hafta guess? Steel blue? Hyacinth Blue?

Also if anyone has a source for paint I'd love to know. I can do a bit of spraying so spray cans not necessary.

Thanks,

EEJ

Attachments

Last edited:

Post your VIN number and maybe someone can tell you from your data card? vic
So I finally have my 2005 short-shorty passenger van here and I'd like to do a bit of touch up including the trim for the MB grill. It is blue but which blue? I scoured the threads looking for the location of the paint code on the vehicle- a couple mentioned a label on the door jamb- but no label there. Is the code somewhere on the vehicle or do I hafta guess? Steel blue? Hyacinth Blue?

Also if anyone has a source for paint I'd love to know. I can do a bit of spraying so spray cans not necessary.

Thanks,

EEJ

autostaretx

Erratic Member
It looks quite a lot like my Jasper Blue Metallic:
5345 PAINT COLOR JASPER BLUE METALLIC MB 5345

<<--- see example

--dick

EEJ

Hi Dick,

I didn't see a picture in your profile other than the tiny one- I'm new here I may not be looking in the right place.

EEJ

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
DataCard Attached

Paint Code: 5389

Paint Descripton: STEEL BLUE

-Jon

PS: If the paint code is on the vehicle, I don't know its location. This info is always found on the DataCard, accessible by all MB dealerships and over the internet at epc.startekinfo.com (requires subscription to access the "World Passenger Car and Light Transport" info).

Attachments

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Fascinating... on your datacard there's a small "text" section which says:
"ACHSE HL0 2,2TO MIT:
SCHEIBENBREMSE
VERSCHLEISSANZEIGE S/W
ACHTUNG !! ACHSE OHNE BREMSSAETTEL !!"

Using Google's Translation function, that becomes:
"HL0 AXLE WITH 2.2 TO:
DISC BRAKE
Wear indicator S / W
WARNING! AXLE WITHOUT BREMSSAETTEL!"

...poking around, i *think* am very sure "BREMSSAETTEL" may be is disk brake calipers?

--dick

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
DataCard Attached

Paint Code: 5389

Paint Descripton: STEEL BLUE

-Jon

PS: If the paint code is on the vehicle, I don't know its location. This info is always found on the DataCard, accessible by all MB dealerships and over the internet at epc.startekinfo.com (requires subscription to access the "World Passenger Car and Light Transport" info).
Two critical pages are missing one pertains too Paint Type 1/2 and 3
Matching MB paints are easy enough if you know which paint is compatible for a perfect match. One major down side is home based spraying of which will not match the spray patten of OEM Paints, that's for a pro to deal with : MB Paint is factory oven dried, home based painting requires a full week to dry prior to final blending process, as to cutting back dry sanding for a last color mist blend, prior to final applications of blending overlays of clear-overs to protect the base paint, of which is porous if left unsealed.
Fact Not fiction.
Richard
DSC01946 (Custom).JPG

DSC01947 (Custom).JPG

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Two critical pages are missing one pertains too Paint Type 1/2 and 3
EPC.startekinfo.com is an MB owned web application. If you provide the software version numbers of the EPC variants in other markets (AU or UK, for example) that contain the two critical pages, maybe MB USA, LLC will ask Daimler to make EPC consistent across the planet and provide a path to resolution on a silver platter to the powers that pull the strings in Germany.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
It won't make any real sense but the paint suppliers don't have a problem sorting the codex out it's a seperate cross reference book, to paint types and blending.
Richard

sknunn

Can anyone tell me my paint code? I also tried looking all over the 2005 van. My VIN is
WD5BD644355732776

Also I am new to the Sprinter world and wondering what the best maintenance/parts book is?

Cheers,
Steve

Aussie 2002 4x4

There's links to manuals in the forum database...however, I bought a couple off ebay ... one on CD that sit's in my laptop (which is the one I use most) and an old style 'paper' one that's under my passenger seat

Attachments

Top Bottom