PDA

View Full Version : Rear bulbs on a Sprinter

loomis armored
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Is it just me or do the lights burn out really quick on these sprinters? With having 6 sprinters in our fleet now and 5 more on the way we were looking for a way to extent out bulb life. The thought was to swap the standard halogen bulbs for a longer lasting led bulb, but wasn't sure of all the bulbs used in the back of the sprinters. Hoping to find someone here that knows the bulbs numbers so we can swap them over.

sailquik
04-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Changing the rear tail light/stop light /turn signal bulbs might work on your newer NCV3 Sprinters as they are considerably less sensitive to what bulb you use as a replacement.
As far as the T1N Sprinters in your fleet....... just put in the EXACT factory bulbs as they burn out....not sure what your drivers are doing that burns them out. I did over 100K miles on my '06 T1N and never burned out any rear bulbs. Did have to replace one headlamp at around 105K miles.
Changing the type and resistance on rear lamps on a T1N Sprinter has been seen to affect the electrical system adversely.... up to and including the dreaded LHM.
Hope this helps,
Roger

loomis armored
04-16-2011, 06:03 PM
All of our sprinters are 07+ so no worries about the T1N electrical system. We run with headlights on all day long, 10+ hours a day every day. Every bulb on all of our sprinters seems to last a month at most.